June 2, 2014

Third Trimester Home Stretch (or so I tell myself as the heat creeps up...)



Friday marked the 28 week third trimester rites of passage. Third trimester is lovely in some ways- no one doubts if you are pregnant, you know there is an end in sight, the baby moves all the time so the worries -for me at least- are easier to keep at bay. It also comes with a bigger belly, more weight to carry around, and the thoughts of oh sh&%t, are we really prepared? Also it appears my cut off jean shots from Pea in the Pod & this GAP long sleeve maternity shirt that is making its second round of wear (a fav during my pregnancy with S too) are my go-tos. Hoping these shorts survive summer!



Weeks: 28.5
Feeling: Pregnancy wise? Pretty good. A little bit of leg cramping and needing to put my feet up once in awhile but have been able to still run around and play with Sienna. Otherwise? I pulled a muscle in my back/shoulder the other day (okay fine maybe from lifting Sienna soooo much) and in the past the best way to cure is to sleep flat on my back with a heating pad. Since that's a no- go and so is ibuprofen, having a little bit of trouble getting it under control. Advice wanted.
Belly:  Bigger daily.  My toes are still in sight, but soon they may be gone too. Belly button is half popped out which actually never fully happened last time!
Movement: Still a ton of movement, mostly at night when I am cuddled up with S reading stories which is adorable, at work in the late morning after tea, and anytime I eat sugar.
Craving: Sweets cravings have FINALLY subsided. Maybe it was that disgusting glucose test that kicked them to the curb. But lately I'm back to menu planning and just trying to put a lot of savory foods on there (side note: make this Orange Chicken in your crock pot- you'll thank me. Throw some broccoli and other veggies in with it too).
Gender: Girly girlfriend, who has been lucky enough lately to collect a few new outfits. Sienna picked out a pair of pink pajamas with cats on them, proudly declaring they were for the baby.
Other symptoms: Braxton hicks are actually less frequent lately, so maybe I'm hydrating better. Still a little bit of leg/butt pain that comes and goes. Reminder not to gain this much weight when not pregnant!
Random thoughts: The glucose test was *as* horrible as I remember. Shaky and nauseous for awhile afterwards. Summer is going to be really hot- we are joining a pool ASAP. Also these pics tell me that my mirrors are dirty and need a good cleaning.
Looking forward to: Sleeping on my stomach again (though last time I nursed that didn't happen for another 6 months post baby), a cold glass of rose on the deck , meeting this little one.


signaturemeghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...