July 29, 2014

Getting Ready... .

First: THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU MOM & DAD. My parents stepped in big time this week. Ever since my trip to the hospital a few weeks ago for contractions, there is no end in sight. No full labor, but no end of the pain and the annoyance. It's worrisome because I want her to cook longer, and it's tiring because Sienna wants me to run around and I just can't do it all the time.

Sunday my dad came, helped J clean out the baby room, and we now have some semblance of organization. He then insisted he wanted to take Sienna home with him- and the two of them drove back to Yardley to give me a break. A much needed break even though I do miss my little monkey. Having more time in the morning to slowly get up, and last night being able to relax after work were both huge. My parents are my heroes. My mom especially since she was also taking care of my grandma who broke her arm!

Anyway.... here we are. 37 weeks on Friday. And it's becoming a real possibility that this baby will make her appearance in the next few weeks. I am in no huge rush, because I want the last days of Sienna as an only child to be special. And I want this little one's lungs to keep working and developing. But my body is starting to really give out on me and I am frustrated at that- so when she decides to make her appearance, I know it's time.

The room:
A crib is set up! Yay! We made the decision awhile ago to keep the guest bed in that room, so we went with a blue and bright pink theme. Also J hung the tv that was on a stand up on the wall in the corner so when guests visits (or when I'm nursing and Sienna neeeeds to watch Mickey) we still have it there. We ordered Sienna a new dresser for her room and will swap out the changing table to the baby's room once that arrives. She's cool with it because she says she needs a "medium sized" dresser because she has "too many clothes!" True story kiddo. We need to hang the art on the wall but I want to wait until we get the changing table in the right place. Andddd we are going to attempt to fit the glider in there - at some point- maybe.

Clothes:
All set for now. Things are washed and ready. We plan to bring Baby 2.0 home in the same outfit as Sienna as long as it fits her. We have plenty of newborn and 0-3 onesies and a few special outfits for little girl. For now, they are in a big Land of Nod pink and white basket until we set up the changing table and have space for clothes.

Stuff:
Pretty much we have all the newborn things we need. We got a wipes warmer this time, as I previously discussed.  A new pump. A new boppy cover. And some new tommee tippees. We washed the car seat cover and the rock n play cover, the swing is ready.... I mean really we will be nursing, sleeping (god help us I hope...), and amusing big sister while doing those things. I am not as concerned with the "stuff" as I was last time.

Hospital Bag:
Semi packed. I have baby blankets, baby outfit, some comfy clothes for me, socks, and a nursing bra and tank. I'll have to throw things like my brush and contacts in at the last minute anyway. We are super lucky in that we live 5-10 minutes from the hospital and we can have friends or family bring us what we need, when we need it if we do forget.

Big sister Prep:
We've been reading big sister books nightly. We talk about baby.  Sienna asks for her to come out. This will be a huge adjustment, and I know that... but I am so looking forward to seeing the sweet sisters together! We also have some small gifts that the baby can give Sienna. And we ordered a super cute big sis tee for when they first meet!


Overall... I am sick of being pregnant but glad baby has stayed put as long as she has.  I think we are as ready as we will ever be mentally. Hoping to get as much rest as possible before she arrives and spend some good time with big sister Sienna!


signaturemeghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...