February 5, 2011

Here Comes the Bride(s). Part Two. Foran-Tuller Wedding Events

So, soon after the engagements and planning began, we realized we actually had three weddings on our hands. With three bridal showers. Three bachelorette parties. Oh, and I was living halfway across the country at that point. But, we managed. And we had a blast at every event.

Let's start with Kelly's wedding. Kelly and Mike met at Lafayette. After Mike following Kelly to Philly, and then Kelly deciding to take the trek up to Connecticut to be close to Mike, they were ready to take the plunge. I can still remember Kelly talking about Mike during the first few months of grad school, and that nice letter he wrote her. I'm pretty sure at that point Kel already knew he was the one. Kelly is one of the most unique people I know. She is feisty, assertive, and competitive. But, she is also the most compassionate and loving person. Once she loves you, whether you are her husband or her friend, she gives her whole heart to you.

Kelly's bridal shower was thrown by her bridesmaids with the help of her mom mom with the help of her bridesmaids. Last April, I flew home from Columbus to be there, and barely made it in time (driving Jamie's then-truck and a GPS that kept recalculating was total disaster). But, it was gorgeous! It had an almost ethereal feel,  and was perfect for Kelly. Her mom did an amazing job with all the details, which are my favorite things about these events. Well, next to seeing my best friends. Here are some of the pictures:
Gift tree... which was totally full by the end!
Menus
Sarah with the Baskets-o-Wine for every special life occasion.
Kelly + Bridal Party
 June rolled around and it was time for Bachelorette Party in Boston! I flew up and my brother and his wife picked me up. They live outside of Boston so I got to hang with them for Friday evening, and meet up with the girls on Saturday morning. We all met up at the hotel, went to the Red Sox game, ate some major italian food in the North End, and then partied the night away.

Not surprisingly, Sarah was a bit unprepared. The two of us went down to the salon in the hotel, where we removed our nail polish and put a new coat on-ourselves-because we didn't want to wait for, or pay for, a pedicure.
a typical fink-tuohy move.
After we got ourselves organized, we gifted Kelly with some Red Sox gear :)

Sarah, Kelly, Me in Boston
We made it to the game after getting some lunch beforehand. It was HOT there. Really really hot. Also, Kelly managed to lose her wallet walking in. This is not good when you are Kelly, and sometimes still get carded to get into bars, and it is your own bachelorette party. LUCKILY this friendly officer found it! Woohoo!
Thank you Boston PD!
And Kelly made it back just in time to see this awesome display, organized by Joelle, our Boston-local.
In case you can't read that, it says "Congrats the Future Mrs. Kelly Tuller" Love, Your Bridesmaids. Yeah, we know her name is Foran-Tuller, but it was the best we could do :) 
After spending the afternoon hydrating ourselves with beer and lemonade, and tanning sweating in the sun, we headed back to the hotel to get all beautified for an evening out.

I think it's fair to say our night included a lot of fun... but unfortunately we could not find pizza at the end of it. Fail. The weekend in Boston was incredible, and got us excited for more to come.

August 13 rolled around way faster than I expected. Since I was moving back to the East Coast in a week, I decided to pack up my car early and drive home--- and then just fly back for my short week. I couldn't believe Kelly was actually getting married. I know we had planned. I know we had bachelorett-ed. But it was the first real wedding! We were so excited.

Rehearsal was at Plough & The Stars in Philadelphia. As always, the details were so cute. I particularly loved hearing Ryan, Kelly's brother, sit at our table and talk about how he is the Anti-Foran.
Rehearsing at the church.
Groom's cake. Go Yanks!
Menus
loved kelly's dress.
Did I forget Kel's organizational skills? This is my schedule...
Happy Couple.
So after a great rehearsal, we headed to NJ.... On Saturday morning, it was off to the salon to get ready. I was obsessed with the bags Kelly gave us. I still use mine even though my initials are different now, it's a good bag and a great memory.

My dress + bag all set!
Kel with the sign I made her for her chair.
Lunch at the bride's home.
All of Kel + Mike's AMAZING stationary and paper from the wedding process... LOVE this.
One of my better photog moments... THE DRESS.
I loved getting ready with all the girls, and getting excited for the big day. After we were all dressed, we took a few more photos... and then we were off on our way to Philly!!
I don't have photos of the ceremony, because it would be tacky for a bridesmaid to have a camera in hand. But, it was really beautiful. The tears flowed of course, I am such a sucker for weddings. And even more when I love the people getting married.  But, here's a few reception photos!
Yay! Hubby. I think Jamie single-handedly explored EVERY cocktail hour food option. It was phenomenal.
Place settings. Do you adore the gold and glass chargers as much as I do?!
The Tullers!!
These are two very tired bridesmaids, circa 1 am, waiting for someone to open the suite to get our things out.
The wedding was perfect. Kelly and Mike swayed on the stage to "Don't Stop Believing" for their last song. Kelly and her dad danced to My Girl in running shoes. The decor was gorgeous. The bride was stunning.
Kelly on her Wedding Day!
All of that... and that was only 1/3. Two more still go to! (Or since they are now in the past, two more to come on the blog!) Congratulations Kelly + Mike. You guys will have a fantastic marriage, hopefully lots of kids for my (future) kids to play with, and hey, if you don't mind, can you move back towards Philly?

xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...