October 23, 2012

three quarters of a year.


Oh. my. goodness. How did my teeny tiny baby get to be a moving, babbling, functioning 8 month old? I know, I know, everyone tells you it moves fast. But, It moves fast. Each day is so amazing because so many things are new to you. Discovery is your thing. This month, so much has happened developmentally. I can't keep track of it all.

Little bear,  in the past month you started to clap, to crawl [army style and now sort of half crawl], to wave, and got two teeth! You are also infinitely attached to me which I have to admit, is really cute. Sometimes tiring, but always cute. And you crawl to me and wrap your arm around me for a hug when you need one (you are so my daughter, mama always loves hugs). You love food. All food. I even shared a piece of my quesadilla with you on our road trip to New York. You have tried all kinds of things and I've yet to see you turn something down. You squeal with delight when daddy gets home from work. Mama returned to work part time and you act like you just won the lottery when I walk through the door. Best thing ever. You love water, both drinking and playing in it, but unlike a few months ago when you wanted to take a long evening bath, now when you are finished you reach to us and put your arms up. You're babbling up a storm and ma ma ma ma is your fav thing to say (duh, we are BFF). You are communicating with us in all these new ways. You went from a helpless newborn to a determined baby. You're my little buddy now; always exploring something new together.

Best of all baby girl, you are just such a cool little person. You're laid back yet curious. You're observant but vocal. So far, you most certainly have the best of both me and daddy combined. I couldn't love you more. I couldn't be more thankful for you.  When I close my eyes at night, the last thing I picture in my head is your smile. Life is certainly more of a challenge since you got here, but it's also so much more fun. I can't help but wonder what new adventures will come in the last 1/4 of year one.

Happy 8 months, S!




PS I wonder how long you will smell like a "baby" and if it ever goes away or if when it's your kid they always smell like a baby. I could drink you in all day long.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...