October 13, 2013

Leaf Jumping.


My parents have a huge backyard.

Back in the late eighties and early nineties when we were little the fall was primetime.
Primetime for LEAF PILE JUMPING.

My dad would rake and rake and rake and we'd come tearing down the hill in the backyard.
Our black lab usually leading the race to chase her tennis ball.
Diving into the huge pile of leaves.

Today my parents were visiting (a HUGE thank you + reno update soon to come)
My mom told me to get the rake- Sienna needed a leaf pile.

We raked, and Sienna squealed with glee as we showed her how to do the first jump.
After her love at first sight/experience, she didn't want to stop.
We had to tuck in her shirt to stop the leaves from creeping up her tummy.
Her laughter was literally contagious and I found myself back in the leaf pile at Highland Drive.

Thanks, S, for reminding me how much fun it is to be a kid. Check out the last picture.
Even grammy joined in. A perfect crisp leaf jumping day.

Happy Fall, Loves.








signaturemeghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...