December 18, 2011

I have a sneaking suspicion love actually IS all around us...


Long post warning. If you just want the pics of the updated nursery, scroll down.

The past two weeks have been full of Christmasy love and happiness, baby celebrations, and family time. I posted about my shower at my mom's house, but since then (only a mere week and a day ago), I've gone shopping a few times for christmas to pick up a few odds and ends, yoga-ed with some other preggo ladies, celebrated the holiday season with a work polyana and delicious treats, caught up with old friends over dinner, picked up some baby furniture, traveled to CT, spent a night & morning with one of my best friends and her husband, had baby shower #2, celebrated my grandmother's 85th birthday, and started to organize baby's room. Busy is an understatment, but love is an even greater one. I have felt filled with happiness, baby kicks, and of course some fatigue over the last 8 days, but I would not have it any other way. As we made the trek back from Connecticut to Delaware today, we stopped a few times along the way. The trip wasn't rushed, but filled with Christmas music, some good conversations with J, and some starbucks holiday drinks. I couldn't ask for more.

Except, except EXCEPT!!! to somehow deal with the bags, boxes, and packages that had made their way into baby's room. The entire left wall was covered... and our jeep was full of more baby joy from this weekend's celebration as well. I felt like something had to be done.... so I took on a big big task. I cleaned out the closet. The closet was full of dresses I forgot I owned, shoes purchased for a one-time wear, and two full trashbags of clothes I realized I will never sport again- someone else can use this christmas season. With a 'good will' label etched on the trash bags in sharpie, they got tossed in the hallway.

There was a point, about a week ago, I swore our child would go naked because we had no baby clothes. That is not anywhere close to the truth. So the closet got cleaned, filled with baby things, the glider got assembled, and our side table got covered in a family passed down blanket that has hearts embroidered into it if you look closely.




Oh yeah sorry baby, but mama's shoes have to stay. There's no where else to hang that shoe holder and it has some of my favs. Oh but don't worry, on the hanging shelves in there on the right, the second section is COMPLETELY full of socks and shoes for baby. She's taking after me already. 

Now the room has lots of space. We still need to take the book shelf out of there now, paint it white, and get rid of the grown up books... but this is definitely major improvement. Oh and our cute car seat is making an appearance here too. Love the color of it!




The glider is so soft and comfy, with the best material.  Those anthro curtains that once stole my heart are on the outswing. J's mom found the most adorbs baby appropriate fabric and plans to sew us new ones. So excited for those. Next up the crib comes on Thursday and then we can figure out how much more room we have for the other items we need to fit.

I can't wait for another weekend filled with celebrations and family time. Up next on the agenda is Melissa + Scott engagement party Friday, Christmas Eve with my family, and then Christmas day with J's family. I love watching our niece and nephew open presents. And I sort of love the holiday season being pregnant. I highly recommend it. It's already naturally full of so much warmth, friends, family, and love.  Baby W is going to love Christmas time, I just know it! Feeling extra lucky and happy these days. Life is very very good. xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...