June 17, 2012

Happy 1st Father's Day!

*Sienna is guest blogging today for father's day!

Dear Daddy-

You are hands down the best daddy I could ever ask for. When I was teeny tiny and first born, you always made me feel warm and safe when you swaddled me up and walked with me back and forth for hours in the evenings. Even before we left the hospital I knew you were meant to be my dad. I'm sorry I was so fussy, I just was little and didn't know what else to do! It's a big world out here compared to where I came from!! And even when I could barely focus on you, you smiled at me and talked to me. You make me feel SUPER loved. And when it was a long day for mama, you always were home just in time to take me and scoop me up and take a stroll around the house with me. I especially love walking around in the bjorn cuddled up to you (don't worry I won't tell on you that when I fell asleep you'd sometimes play video games or watch tv with me in there!) When I started to smile, your smile was almost as big as mine when we looked at each other. You always give me that goofy smile, daddy. I really love you. My favorite time of the day is when you get home and exclaim "Hi there!!" while I'm in my bouncy seat. Actually, my very very favorite time of the day is around 7 am when you come in to get me in the morning. I love talking to you and telling you all about my night. And when you talk back I think it's really funny. I can't wait to play with you as I grow. You already make me think I can do anything (maybe that's because as we do bath time you tell me I can be an olympic swimmer). Oh ,and by the way, I want you to know I see you always hugging mama in the kitchen in the mornings and kissing her goodbye every day. You guys are always laughing together. It is already teaching me what it means to have a good family. I just adore you.

xoxo
Sienna


3 comments:

  1. Hands down one of my favorite blogs and a great tribute to a great dad! Happy Father's Day, Jamie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorites so far. The video seriously brought tears to my eyes. So sweet! Sienna is so stinkin' cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd rewatch this again, but I dont want to look like a blubbering hormonal fool when my hubby comes home from work ;) Dare I say this is the best House of Walls post to date?!?! Sienna really outdid herself. xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...