April 17, 2011

Connect-I-Cut

Before I get to the house updates, which I will tomorrow with two (long) posts, let me skip back a few. Last weekend I took a road trip up to Connecticut. This is no unfamiliar trip. In my childhood days (I sound so old and wise now, don't I?) we took this trip at least once per month, sometimes once per week. I can tell you every burger king and mcdonald's along the way, and in the past few years, I have also started charting the Starbucks, my much preferred stop. We used to make the trek from PA to CT with our bags packed of toys, our black lab dog pushing us over so she could cuddle with us on the ride, and my mom and dad dicing things up by telling us there was "craaaaazy gas" in the car and swerving. Okay, in retrospect, maybe crazy gas was not the safest idea ever, but it sure was fun. As we got older, my brother and I liked to take our own car so we could blast music and keep the sunroof open. One time, he made me listen to Harry Chapin's "Taxi" 32 times. He kept saying "second verse same as the first.... thirty second verse same as the first".

So I was actually not dreading the drive to CT this time, and had my mom to keep me company. My original reason for the trip was a grad school mini reunion, but we side-stepped to grandma's house. My cousin Jenn and her little guy, Hunter were there.
Could those chapped lips be any cuter? I think I sported the same look circa the 1980s.

After a quick visit with gma and clan, I headed to reunionize with my favorite girls. Kelly was hosting this little get together, and her apartment is gorgeous. I am so so mad because I didn't take pictures. But get this, Kelly has a rule. Don't buy furniture unless it can store things. Nothing open. Everything with drawers and doors and baskets. So smart. I am going to follow this rule from now on. I did take pictures of our outings.


 Kel and Sar sat next to each other, so Elisabeth was my pal in my photo. I wish I could see these two more often. They make me laugh and they make my heart happy.

Only half related, we watched the movie, Charlie St. Cloud, later on. Please someone who actually liked that movie explain it to me, because I feel like I lost 2 hours of my life watching the half dead half alive relationship that this weirdo movie was. That's my official review.

Thanks Kel for hosting and thanks grandma for sending me home with some leftover food (okay so you sent it home to give it to my dad, but guess what, he left it in my fridge. Points for me!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...