September 6, 2012

Blankey.

I had blanket growing up, fondly referred to as "blanky". I brought it to college. When I moved in with J, I stored it under the bed. It lives in the closet of my daughter now, just in caseshe wants it some day. I should have known my daughter would quickly stake claim in her own.

From the time she was pretty little, I always nursed her while holding a blanket. It gave her something to grab with her scratchy finger nail clad hands (other than mama's chest). As time went on, it became apparent that one was her favorite. A little lamb lovey by Angel Dear.

Now, at nap and bed time, she holds it in her hands and rubs her little face in it. She yawns, sticks its nose in her mouth with her thumb, and puts her head down on my shoulder. Cute? Yes. Practical? Even more. No matter who puts her down for a nap, or feeds her a bottle when I'm not there to nurse, she holds lamby.  I bought three of the same ones last week. Now we can wash them and hopefully by the time she is old enough to "know" there is a special one, all three will smell the same and be worn out a bit.

 
We love you, lamby. Big time.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...