September 13, 2012

secrets....

One of my best friends is pregnant. It makes my heart do leaps and bounds and flips because I can't wait for S to have a little best friend. A year apart, Sienna will surely show s/he the ropes. As I crafted her an email tonight about all the necessities for a new mama, I realized something... this is such a new world I've been thrown into since S got here. I know what to tell new moms to get to save their sanity in the early days of breastfeeding.  I'm quite sure that my choices on burp clothes and swaddle blankets are stronger than those of the upcoming political races... I also know the important stuff: that the lack of sleep dissipates and the smiles continue to build. That you figure out how to be a mama without help after awhile (even if it means putting your baby in the shower with you because your hair needs to be washed today).

But.... it's a secret. Until you're there, until you're in the thick of it, there's no way to know. A right of passage. And no matter what your choices as a mom once you've passed the initiation; you're in.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...