May 19, 2014

26. Some people call this third tri...

Well, we rounded the corner of the 26th week on Friday.  This weekend was full of fun and I am still feeling pretty good. I am sort of dreading the really hot summer days of late pregnancy and taking in all the glorious breezy spring moments of this that I can. Saturday we had a BBQ with my fam and on Sunday I trekked to Brooklyn on the most gorgeous sunny spring day to see Sarah for the day. A wonderful weekend and now back to reality.



Weeks: 26.5ish. This photo was on Friday during torrential downpour rain, hence the Hunter boots and leggings. S and I also wore rain coats and hoods and our day included stomping in puddles.
Feeling: Pretty good and like this is the height of the glory days. I am having major major insomnia right now which means I feel sleepy when I wake up in the morning. I've added an iced tea or half caf coffee to my routine which helps pep me up. But sometimes on days I'm home with Sienna nap time sounds ever so inticing.
Belly:  Well it's there. No one would question me being pregnant. And sometimes it moves with the little lady now.
Movement: It is so crazy but I never remember Sienna moving like this. It feels almost constant with this kid, and she lets me know if I'm in a position she doesn't like by squirming around until I move. Her favorite time of the day to move around is late morning and late night. Sienna can feel the kicks now and every time she feels baby says "Baby is coming out!!!"
Craving: Sweets still, darn it. Trying to curb the craving but a soft cookie is my best friend. But also savory. I could live on mozz cheese, tomatoes, avocado, and some delish balsamic vinegar (and maybe some bread).
Gender: Girly girlfriend. We are reading the sisters book nightly to Sienna.
Other symptoms: Braxton hicks still holding on strong. Two days ago during nap time I had about 4 in two hours, the most yet. But they never get worse and they are super sporadic so not too concerned. Some annoying ligament pain and leg pain, which is par for the course at this point. Also noticing weight gain in places other than the belly- guess the hips are prepping to do their thing. UGH. Still hot all the time.
Random thoughts: Glucose test this Friday. Last time I did the orange and almost barfed. This time I'm thinking I'll try the fruit punch- my OB said it's less syrupy. Any suggestions? 



signaturemeghan

2 comments:

  1. I so so so LOVE that you read the sisters book every night :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww yeah! It's so good and I love that the sisters do ALL kinds of things and not just super girly things.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...