August 28, 2011

My car was only born in January.

Well, we adopted her in January. And she was brand new. So born is a relative term. But the point is, my car was new and clean and wonderful a mere 7 months ago.

Today, she's (relatively) clean, but her mileage?
It's a little blurry but that reads over 25,000 miles. Yep, in 7 short months my long commute combined with a few trips to Connecticut, Rehoboth, and some other various places resulted in that many miles!

So today, I am VERY happy to say- my commute is over. No more fighting traffic for 2 hours when it's rainy in the morning. No more waking up at 5 am when I didn't need to be at work until 8 am. No more walking in the door exhausted after there was an accident on 95 and I'm an hour late for dinner.

No, none of that is part of my life anymore. Instead I will have 10-20 minute drives, time to eat dinner with J, time to go to the gym, time to do laundry. Time to see friends. My life! My life is back.

What more could I ask for?! Car, I'm sorry for the tribulations you've been through. I promise you'll have a better life now. And, Congrats to me, NO MORE LONG DRIVE (EVER AGAIN!!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...