February 7, 2012

Damn stray cat in heat....

Fine, the cat is not stray. It belongs to our neighbors. But it is not spayed. They won't do it because "it is mean". Well me shooting your cat with a bee bee gun would be meaner. I am not a mean to animal person, but this cat makes my cats FREAK OUT and it infuriates me.

This morning at 5:45 am we heard horrible cat screeching and came down to fighting animals. They have not fought in months. My first reaction (because I am crazy) was wow, maybe they can smell my hormones and I am going into labor. NOPE. They saw the damn neighbor girl cat on our bay window outside. As my mom says, boys will be boys. And they fight over a girl who is not even reachable because she lives forever beyond the walls and windows of our home.  J said cayenne pepper sprinkled on the garden and window sill will keep crazy hormonal girl cat away.

The fight this morning was actually pretty short lived and after throwing a towel over one cat to scoop him up, some separation did the trick. However, our cats cry like we are KILLING them when we close doors on them. They cried for HOURS. Worse than babies. But I am keeping them apart today. It is their punishment. I have been updating J via email. I called the vet this morning and plan to get their prozac refilled (just like some people, I guess some cats cannot go off their SSRIs without negative effects of mood). We also need more Feliway, it keeps them relatively calm. And some pepper maybe.

Here is our exchange...

to: Jamie
subject: cat update 2
Internet is still SO LOUD but not happy even when I go downstairs with him. He is super moody.

Dexter is now back to Dex (mostly). He is sleeping on the bed and did his stretch out to get me to pet him move when I walked in. Eventualy after giving me the side- eye a few times, he came over and rubbed against me. I ran and got him a cheap litter box for up there.

I don't trust internet to be out and about right now because he is cranky.

J's reply:
Feliway things ordered.  Should arrive Thursday according to Amazon.

I also ordered a 10 pound box of cayenne pepper. :)


WHO ORDERS A 10 POUND BOX OF PEPPER to keep a cat away?! We do. We are not taking this lightly. Baby is coming and we are going into full prevent crazy cat mode.

Signing Off,
Cat Woman.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...