January 29, 2013

Next Up: Kitchen Table

I've wanted a new kitchen table for awhile. Our was a hand me down, but worked just fine for awhile. Now it's harder to sit more than six people, four without the end chairsr. And the benches. They are good in theory, but NOT in real life.

So I am putting this out here to motivate us. We bought tools. We bought lumber. We are J is building a table. I will not pretend that I'll be a major part of this. I will cheer him on. I will pick out the stain color. Otherwise I don't think I'll be too involved. I'll be on S duty.

Here are some examples of what we are hoping to have this bad boy look like when it's all finished. We are still debating what finish, but are still looking around.






*images mostly taken from Ana White's wonderful website full of furniture plans.

Love all of these. I think I want to switch it up with the chairs. No matching dark wood. I want light chairs, maybe with a cool design on them. Here are some (of many) I've been eyeing up. Most are from Target! A few are from Home Decorators.








 
I am all over the place. But it's in the works. I can't wait to have a gorgeous new table to complete our refinished kitchen officially. Anyone have opinions on these chairs??
 
Finally back to renos and DIY projects...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...