September 16, 2011

Fall Joys.

I woke up today and saw the temperature outside was 47 degrees. Chilly, yes. But ohhh how it felt like the first breeze of fall when I stepped outside to head to work. And all the things I love about fall (including memories of our wedding & my friend Sarah's wedding in VT last year) came flying at me.

This weekend I hope to take in some of my fall favorites. First of all, even though caffeine is on the no-no list, I need to get myself a decaf Starbucks pumpkin spice latte. And quick.

Immediately following, or with drink in hand, I think we are going to venture out to Linvilla Orchards to pick some apples (and pears which are apparently in season too?!) Here are some of the apples picked from Linvilla. I can't wait to have some fresh fruit in the house... and maybe bake an apple pie. Mmmm.

Before any of this occurs, I have an important job to do. I still need new fall brown boots. I am going to look this weekend because I need new brown boots to wear with leggings and a sweater to go apple picking, right? I think so. I may cave and order these, the Steve Madden Intyce you all commented on.
But I have to be honest, it all depends on my ability to be patient enough to wait for them to come. I hear that Famous Footwear may carry them, and they are having a buy one get one free event. TWO pairs of boots would be even better than one! Will definitely have to look into this...

And what could be better than the memories of our fall wedding?  A crisp cool day at Winterthur Museum & Gardens was the best wedding weather and venue we could ask for. We can discuss further on our anniversary. But I love this photo....


Happy Fall Weekend! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...