September 11, 2011

Weddings Weddings Weddings. Congrats L+D.

If I could count the number of times in the past year I've heard Black Eyed Peas lyrics, "tonight's gonna be a good night" during a wedding reception I'd be rich. No joke. We go to weddings a LOT. I mean I think every fb status is a wedding one. People are getting hitched. And we, we are their good friends. This weekend was no different. Black Eyed Peas blared as the bridal party made their entrances to Lindsay & Dave's wedding celebration. And I saw yet another of my friends start her happily ever after.

Lins & Dave got "married" (you know that official thing you do with the signatures and papers) in Sonoma in August. We unfortunately couldn't make the trek, but look how prettttty it was!

So this Saturday they had a celebration in Philly (Manayunk to be exact). Lins and Dave chose the Artesano Gallery for the event... and somehow all those years I lived in the yunk I never knew this existed. It's beautiful and was a perfect choice!

1. We got ready with Lins that day. Her sister Jaime did her make up. She wore a short white dress for the celebration and a sash. And her bling bling was sparkling. 



2. We waited in the lobby for the men to be ready. Why do men always take longer than women to get themselves together? Maybe it's the extra beer bridal party males need. The last pic is of just that. But it's dark. Oopsies.



3. I have no picture for this. But umm why did no one tell me that at 4 months preg my feet would already be a little swollen? Not horrible, but my 6 inch heels did not cut it for more than a few hours. I was sad. I need new heels. Hear that J? A GOOD reason to buy (lower) cute heels!

4  Cocktail hour was welcomed with open arms. They had mini little cheesesteak rolls. And mini crab cakes. And watermelon with cheese and an olive which sounds bizarre but was oddly good. And we took some cute photos. Note my heels are already off. And I do have a mini bump, but the black dress conceals it a bit.

5. Lindsay and Dave just looked genuinely and fully happy. I love when my friends look like that. It makes my heart feel warm and fuzzy.


Cutest.

6. I want to give a big shout out to whoever picked out the cupcake flavors. Oreo? Yes. Red Velvet. Yes. This flavor below that I can't categorize that J consumed so quickly I barely saw it? Yes. And yeah, I realize this is my second post about cupcakes. Get over it. I like cupcakes.


CONGRATS LINDSAY & DAVE!!!

OH ps.... You want to hear some true romance (or sheer terror for those of us who are controlling like me?) Dave planned the entire honeymoon, told Lindsay what to pack, and they leave tomorrow. She has NO CLUE where they are going. No clue. Brave woman. Women like that get the romance because they let it happen. Be a little bit like that, it's good for you. That's my advice of the day. Take it or leave it. xo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...