September 18, 2011

There are things to do in the fall. I like the fall. The fall and I are getting along well.

J ran the Philly Rock & Roll half marathon this morning. He is a trooper and did great. I am always impressed with him. I hope our kid gets his athletic abilities. It was also a gorgeous gorgeous morning and I got to enjoy some sunshine in Philly. Oh, and I loved watching the winning finishers. Less than an hour? Geez. Those people can go on a nice 5 mile jog in ohhhh 20 minutes. Jealous. That would be awesome. 

But, it also meant Saturday we had to drive into Center City to pick up his race bib and "swag".  Since the convention center is directly next to Reading Terminal Market, I thought maybe we should stop for some food. We grabbed a few slices of AMAZING pizza. And I wished we had 8 more.

Ahhh amazing. I had a slice with fresh mozz (it was heated, let's not freak out with the soft cheese issues), tomatoes, and spinach. J had two delicious chicken and something else pieces. I wanted everything in the case on the right above too... but the line was foreverrrrrr. So we took our pizza and were on our way.

Linvilla Orchards was almost overwhelming. But to be honest, after already making a trip to Philly, having lunch, and walking around, we skipped the apple picking and instead headed to the pre-picked apples. But lots to do. An arts & music festival. Pumpkinland. Farmer's market. Food being sold. Canned fruits & veggies. Free samples. Yes please.



And best of all? Deli Pickles!
 Extremely happy.
 Didn't want to miss any of this. It is indeed true, pickles and pregnant women mix well.

Okay, a lot of this was based on food. But, good food. And fun places to find food. So now that we've got boots. And leggings. And apples and a half marathon finished, There is MUCH more fall to be enjoyed! 

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...