January 8, 2012

quick and cheap table centerpiece.

I had these gorgeous flowers from my baby shower that finally bit the dust recently. They are now residing in our woods, perhaps giving some nutrients back to the soil.

But the little glass vase they came in was super cute so I decided to see if I could find something to keep it in use. I had some ribbon in the house so I went to work.



Since the ribbon was an iridescent one I had two rolls of sitting around, I just used clear packig tape to secure and kept wrapping it around. I also lined the inside with ribbon since my aim was to put faux flowers in there, and not water. Then on an adventure to Joann Fabric for another project I'm working on, I picked up the prettiest cheapest flowers. I think they cost about $5.



For a whopping cost of $5, this bad boy is appropriate for winter with its ribbon but can also last through spring. Ummm and let's face it-- anything I do now so my house looks semi acceptable when baby comes is great because I won't have much time after that!

Oh PS we did make a trip to Ikea today- and found some great finds for both baby room decor and the "cat room". But I needed a nap so the cat room updates will have to wait until this week or next weeked!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...