May 16, 2011

Grimey hands + Cabinets? I don't think so.

I convinced J to help me put the RH hardware I blogged about here up on our cabinets pre-party. I was envisioning dirty hands, red wine hands, cake hands touching the actual cabinets. Much easier to wipe off the rustic metal surfaces of the hardware than the brand new white cabinets. I had to have the hardware up. J asked me to make a list of what I wanted done. I said "this".

This process took some planning, but once it got going, it was quick. J came up with the idea to make templates, use blue tape to mark off the spots to drill with a pencil and to keep the sawdust and mess-ups to a minimum, and we got to work.
Also, I swear 100% I did this work with J. I just am the photographer. I'll have to have him take pictures of me doing something productive in the next few weeks. But for real, it was even my idea to put something down under the cabinets as we drilled (cue black posterboard we actually bought to see how black subway tile will look in the kitchen).
Yay! One is up.... a bazillion more to go. Oh did I mention my math skills? I swear I got A's in math. My 4th grade math teacher loved me, but not my best friend whose dog ate the blocks we were given. True story. Anywho, I ordered the wrong amount of the wrong size of handles... so not allll of the cabinets have handles. Oops.

Ooooo, Ahhhh. (fireworks style).
Gawk!! Real kitchen for real!! (Almost) But it definitely does not like the grimey fingers on the doors. A major plus.
Obsessed with these. Best decision ever. Our kitchen looks legit. RH, I still love you. You forever have my heart.  I am slacking on the detailed blogs, but you understand. We've got COUNTERS to get to tomorrow. And a few party pics too! GET EXCIIIIITEDDDDD (we used to say that in sorority chapter meeting).

Speaking of those, Beth, where's the damn friendship box?!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...