May 6, 2011

Restoration Heartware

Okay, I know it's hardware. And that's just what we got. From Restoration. They restored my faith in customer service, which has been severely jilted by Ikea & Associates (namely countertop concepts). I have been pleased with Ikea up until the part where they actually have to do some work besides sending me unassembled pieces.

So the guy who "ordered" our hardware with our kitchen... actually didn't. Simple mistake, right? Yeah, it would be if I wasn't already annoyed that the people Ikea contract their granite countertops to are the woooorst ever. I have called them a bazillion times. I have gotten 2 phone calls back. Lucille, I don't like you. I realize it may not be nice to post that in a public forum, but 76 hours to return a phone call simply asking for an updated status is not acceptable. Right? Well guess what's less acceptable? No phone call back ever.... Hmmm... So the status of our countertops is unknown. Thanks Ikea. And thanks for forgetting the fact that we need HANDLES to open our cabinet doors.

See this here? This is when I cannot handle things going wrong. Thank goodness we DIY because waiting for contracters all the time would make me craaaaazy.

So we decide to splurge on Restoration Hardware hardware. Why you ask? Because it's beautiful and user friendly, and because RH will deliver in 2 days for only $5 extra shipping. This hardware is heavy, mind you, so I am quiiite thankful. But of course, my luck, my 2-day shipping request doesn't go through... so I call RH. I get Jared. I think Jared woke up to puppies, rainbows, a beautiful wife, and a great big latte with whipped cream today. He could not have been any more pleasant. Thank you Jared at RH, you made my day. If I knew your last name I'd write something nice to RH about you. But if you ever find yourself roaming the blogger world, know you brought me a smile of customer satisfaction today among a bunch of others who clearly did not.

Here are our beauties:
Love them. A little rustic, a little modern. A little LOVE for RH for these bad boys. Here's the link in case you wanna copy and buy these little guys. I would.

Heartware, RH, Heartware. And extra thank you to Jared.

Crossing my fingers, toes, eyes, hair, and clothes (that would be weird, I won't do that) that this kitchen project is finished in time for a little celebration at our house next weekend!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...