May 7, 2011

I must have been dreaming of vacations....

Today after work when J took yet another trip to Ikea to get what is hopefully the last of the items we need to complete the kitchen, I ran a few errands of my own. I stopped by Home Depot, and I swear anytime I go there by myself directly from work or any other time I have actually taken a shower I get weird looks. Yes, Mr. Paint Man at Home Depot, you can have Chi flat-ironed hair, big crazy jewelry, a (beautiful) Kate Spade bag.... and still DIY. So just get me my paint mixtures and stop asking if I'm sure that I want flat paint and not semi-gloss for my kitchen.

Duh, I know semi-gloss is the best choice. But guess what else I know MPN (Mr. Paint Man)? I know for a very fact that Behr has spectacular paint and primer in one, and I can spectacularly get it in sample size for the very small space I need it for. That's right, I bought and planned to use the sample size paint- because this won't be directly near the food cookin', our backsplash will be there. This just is needed for the space above the backsplash behind our new, beautiful, stainless steal range. So I asked MPN to mix four different colors for me. I didn't even look at the names of the paints until I got home. But I really must have been in vacation la la land. Because I picked Catalina Coast, Cayman Bay, Wind drift, and French Court. So either I was on the islands, near the beach, or traveling to Europe. Yes, please. We do love to travel.

So here is where I am hoping that you come out of the dark and comment on my blog. Or comment on my facebook link if that works better for you. But I am feeling really torn about the color choices. Out of the four I chose, I know we don't want to use the lightest one. It is too light for the already light and white kitchen. But the other three are all contenders. I am actually considering using the lightest one (Wind drift) for the eating area of the kitchen, because that would look nice and relaxing and beautiful. And would blend well with the rest of these colors.


Okay so these are my cute little samples.. And now you can see 80,000 a few pictures of the colors from different angles and with different light. And some more of the updated kitchen if you're super lucky.
Okay so in case you can't read my crazy handwriting, they are catalina coast, cayman bay, french court, and wind drift. They look a little lighter than I think they will look day to day because we have a lot of light in there for the renovation plus the flash on the camera was on (I think?)

Then we got all kinds of crazy. J offered to hold up part of the stainless steel hood so I could see what blues look like with stainless steel. Have we lost it? Maybe.
Haha. This is the most ridiculous thing ever. You can't tell what it will look like... but humor us.
Here are the colors from afar.... this one makes me like the two middle ones the best... but I still feel torn. This is in "evening" lighting. Clearly the colors will be brighter in daylight.
Okay, that last pic was more about the finished cabinets and less about the wall colors. But it still shows what they look like... if we happen to keep that ladder center stage in the kitchen.

Here are some more pictures in the morning light. I am daydreaming of the moment I can casually stroll into our kitchen in the morning and have a cup of coffee and then actually wash the coffee cup in the sink. I know, big dreams.

So what color do you like best?
A. Catalina Coast
B. Cayman Bay
C. French Court
D. Wind drift.

P.S. This does not mean I will choose what gets the highest number of votes. I never was good at statistics, and I can't promise that my loyalty rests in quantity.

But don't let that deter me... hit me with your best shot anyway (see another song, music is in my soul).

Paint chips and love. xo.

8 comments:

  1. Hey Megs....I told you I'd comment. I choose Cayman Bay...I think it has the most depth out of the 3 darker colors and will look fabulous against the white cabinets and SS appliances!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey there. Your colors, like your jewelry are much bolder than mine. However, I do LOVE Cayman Bay and French Court. The lightest blue seems to pastelly to me and the first one looks to dark. The ones in the middle seem juuuuust right. Can't wait to see what you chose! xxo.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your blog. Totally new to the commenting in the blogosphere! But for my Internet twin/double Mrs. Walls...I will have to say that Catalina Coast is my choice. I loveeee a bold kitchen bc honestly, will you ever paint another room with such a fierce color? :) Excited to see how it turns out! Congrats on all the renovations they look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Catalina Coast all the way. A very close second place to Cayman Bay. Kitchen looks beautiful 2e. Keep up the good work! SKS

    ReplyDelete
  5. Megs, I am going to vote for B. Cayman Bay, because A looks too gray against the steel and D. is too "shore house" for me. The cabinets look great - you and Jamie are amazing! I can't wait to visit! xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm torn between b and c, I think I'd probably go with b though. The first one looks like a color we did in our bathroom, loved it, but not really a good kitchen color in my opinion :). Can't wait to see the finished product! BTW, I cracked up at your post a while back about the bathroom threshold not being done, it took my hubby about 9 months after the bathroom reno was totally done to put a new one in! I kept telling him it wasn't finished yet ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now that's a tough one..... I like both B and C however if I had to choose between the two of them I'd probably go with French Court. The color is bright (both day and night) and I think it would go well with the dark floors :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. hi babycakes! i think cayman bay is lovely :) that would be my vote.

    ps: my mom is going to love your white kitchen (her favorite)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...