October 14, 2011

the case of the missing rehearsal dinner dress.

I bought a dress for my rehearsal dinner from Saks. I adored it. It was a gorgeous lace dress with a black ribbon belt built into it. Obsessed. This is the last time I saw it:
I think this was also the last time I saw a waistline on me this small. I should draw on my baby bump that has since grown. I swore I left the dress in the hotel suite I shared with my parents. My mom swears she gave it to me to take home. Either way, gorgeous dress, you are MIA and you have been for a whole year now.

Has anyone seen her? Can we get her back? Hotel Dupont says they don't have her. Sad. I should have put her picture on a milk carton. Then she would see she was adopted stolen and try to find her birth mother (me). What, you never read that book in middle school?

Last year on this Friday we were prepping for wedding and rehearsal. I was probably getting my manicure and pedicure around this time. And we spent the night celebrating and toasting to our family, our friends, and each other. And consuming amazing food from Domaine Hudson in Wilmington.

This year, we will likely be sitting at our kitchen table perusing our financial advisor's latest recommendations over microwave dinner (since our stove is currently pulled out while the backsplash is beign finished) and figuring out which baby crib we can afford...

And I wouldn't want it any other way. Happy Anniversary Weekend, J! xoxo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...