October 11, 2011

Wake up and freak out!!

Sometimes I think for real our life could be recorded for a sitcom. But not because of what happens, more because of my reactions. This morning at 6:20 I'm relaxing in bed slowly waking up. And I'm sort of wondering why the cat isn't head butting me for his food. It is also more quiet than usual in the land of cats, but I can subtly hear some rustling on our carpet. And both cats seem to be getting along. Great.

Jamie all of a sudden jumps out of bed and says "I need to turn on the light!" then he walks over to the cats, picks something up (A MOUSE !!!!) and says nonchalanty "Dexter won." OMG this makes me sit up straight in bed and start firing questions at Dex as if he is human, "where did you get that??? Why did you bring it in our bedroom?? Why do you have a mouse but I have never seen any mice in the house?" I stare at him and finally end with "I wish you could talk." Dex then tries to jump up on the bed and I scream "NO! You have rodent germs! Get off!!" and he jumps down, utterly confused. Jamie thinks I'm losing it. Dex killed the mouse. Jamie got rid of said dead mouse.

But now of COURSE I'm worried we may have other mice!! Ewww! In fact my mind starts to wander... What if Dex had jumped up on the bed WITH a mouse?! I told him he isn't allowed near me until Jamie washes his face off (this will likely never happen). Good morning. Hope you don't have mice in your bedroom when you wake up today!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...