October 12, 2011

The difference in a year...

October 12, 2010: Last year, on this very day, I was sitting at work trying desperately to concentrate. I had met with my dad and Nicole, our wedding planner, in the morning to finalize decor and to hand off seating charts and cards. My anxieties were high flying but so was my excitement. I was eating 2 granola bars and a lot of coffee per day. My dress needed to fit! I was marrying my best friend! I was excited. I was moved. I was anything but feeling calm and collected. But not in a bad way.... just in a my wedding is days away and I can't wait way. In 4 days, it would be wedding day. In 4 days, it would be the best day of my life.


Last night, I sat on the couch watchign Kim Kardashian's dream wedding. And while Bruce Jenner (you're such a sweet guy Bruce) talked to Kim about her dad and her wedding day, I found myself tearful. Who gets tearful while watching the Kardashian clan!? But I could remember it all. And while my wedding did not consist of 3 dresses or appearances by half of the NBA, it still brought back memories of overwhelming emotions of that the week ... each day a separate little page in the nostalgia book.

October 12, 2011: This morning, a year later, we went for our 20 week anatomy scan. They check baby's heart and brain... and the nuchal folds and neural tubes... and the leg bones and the 10 fingers and 10 toes. Baby girl is healthy and happy in there! And my heart again is full of the feelings I had a year ago. Excitement, always some anxiety. And a lot of love for my new family- both my husband and my little one growing. She kicked up a storm- she will be a soccer player like daddy. I am now eating 2 granola bars before lunch even rolls around and only decaf lattes are on the menu, and only once in awhile.

BABY FOOT!!

And while a lot has changed, I guess time really does fly when you're having fun. Because I can't believe we said our I do's a year ago. I can't believe we've created a new little one to add to our lives. And the same people who supported us in starting our life together as a married couple are thrilled for us to be preparing for a new baby and a happy family life. I guess, at the end of the day, one thing is still very true: I'm lucky.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...