May 20, 2012

Lately with our 3 MONTH OLD!! (Time is flying!)

Ummmm first things first- I haven't even TOUCHED the kitchen with paint. Oops. Guess I am not doing well for my June 6 deadline!

Moving on... the reason I have not touched it is because we've been on the go! Today is Sienna's 3 MONTH birthday! I told her this morning when she woke up how 3 months ago at that time I was getting ready to be induced. Our lives have changed soooo much!!

Last weekend we met friends at the Wilmington Flower Market. Sienna loved people watching, and I loved my delicious crab cake sandwich and diet coke.. and some time with fellow parents and friends. We also got Sienna the cutest headband (oops it cost $15 not $5 like I assumed it would).


We spent our first mother's day with mommy and Sienna both having cuddle time ad then a nice 2 hour nap in the morning, a gorgeous locket with an S on it from daddy and Sienna, and a trip to Yardley to visit grandma.

So now that Sienna is 3 months, life is becoming more predictable (at least during the day!) She takes 3 solid naps each day and we can count on them being at least 45 minutes each! This leaves time to blog, shower (woohoo!), make my bed, and drink a cup of coffee way before it's time to nurse again. I love this. My mom loves this. Our nanny loves this. Predictable is good! Hello sleepy baby on the video monitor... best invention ever!



Bed time is also predictable- 8:00 on the nose every night we are ready for sleepy town. I actually think she'd be ready at 7:00 but mama isn't... and that would mean an 11:00 wake up call for me some nights, not good. Last night, as her 3 month birthday present she slept from 8-2:30 and then 3:15-6:30! Woohooo!! In another 3 or 4 weeks we will push bed time a bit earlier.

Sienna is just about the happiest baby there is. Unless she is REALLY tired or REALLY hungry she's generally in a good mood. Smiling, laughing cooing. It is so much fun to play with her... and she loves anything from her play mat to just sitting on your lap staring at your face. It's so cool. She's able to hold her head up better, turn to look at you, and defiitely tracks her favorite toys at a much further distance than before! This photo is at 6pm. Pretty impressive!


Yesterday daddy had a work softball tournament and we went to watch. Sienna wanted to stare at the grass and trees because it was breezy and they were moving! I think this semi sad face was after I sat her up from staring at the branches. Mama, put me BACK!

We are love love loving spring into summer with our girl. She's happy, interactive, and she is such a cute little love.

We have a VERY busy early summer coming up.... hopefully we can keep track of it all here. One day it will be nice to look back and read what the little one (and we) were up to each week! Happy almost summer!!



PS happy birthday to my blog friend Sarah today! xoxo.

1 comments:

  1. How sweet are you! And how adorrrrable is Sienna and this update:). Enjoyed all te details while overlooking the mountains this afternoon. Thanks for the bday shout out lady. When I grow up, I want to be a mama just like you;). Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...