May 24, 2014

Baby Girl 2.0 Wish List & Favs

We have been lucky enough to be slowly gifted a few things over the past months. And I have an amazon wish list that helps me to just keep track of what we need. I came up with this: We do need some new things (and pregnancy brings out the biggest shopping bug in me), and we don't need a LOT of things we already have.
 
Favorite items so far for the new little chick:
 
 
1. Prince Lion Heart Wipes Warmer : The first time around, we didn't get one. But I remember the screaming diaper changes all too well. We are going to give this a go. And at $20 it certainly is not a huge splurge to comfort our girl.
 
2. Plush Changing Cover: Picked this up at Target on a whim. Sienna still has a few we can use, but since we aren't going all out on the nursery a nice white changing pad (I think we will get a bright pink one too..) seemed like a good choice.
 
3. Ergo Infant Insert: Sienna lived in the bjorn and people are always saying its not best for their legs/hips. We got the ergo after a few months with her and loved it. So here's hoping the infant insert makes our next little lady all cuddly & comfy. I highly recommend a baby carrier and Ergo is by far our favorite of our slew we bought with S.
 
4. Tommee Tippee Newborn Bottles: Because Sienna's bottles were used and abused and we need new ones. These bottles were our go to no fail. Sienna was breastfed from day one until she was over 13 months but when I was at work, or when I needed to be away, these were our go to. If you're nursing, these are great bottles to try.
 
5. Carter's Crib Sheet: Again, we are not doing a whole nursery. Just revamping the guest room a bit, so wanted a splash of bright pink in the room. I also got a pink and white polka dotted sheet.
 
6. Zen Weighted Swaddle: My friend Kelly gifted this one to us. We were big fans of swaddles for Sienna, and this one has the best reviews. It's lightly weighted in the places mom holds baby so when you put them down they still have the same pressure. One mom who reviewed this was a self-proclaimed "swaddle hoarder" and said this did the best for her kiddo's sleep. Bring it on!
 
7. Koala Baby Romper: She's due the end of August. Sienna was born in Feb. We needed some really light clothes in case it is really hot. Also Koala baby has always been an affordable but super soft brand.
 
8. Circo Crib Skirt with Navy Trim: Pink sheets but a white and navy skirt will perfectly compliment the guest room. I'll have to do another post on the full transformation of guest to nursery and guest room, but this fits great and was a great on sale target find (I think I paid $9.99 instead of $19.99).
 
9. Carter's Newborn Sleeper: We have quite a few sleepers from Sienna, but this one is right up my alley of the unisex colors I love for little ones. So cute, calm, and giraffe.
 
Wish list for the new little chickadee:
 
 
1. Child Craft Crib: Last time we I insisted that we need a Restoration Hardware crib. This time? No. Just no. Sienna loves her crib and we could transition her to the toddler bed but I am not ready to force her out. So we are going for a more affordable, yet verrrry similar to PB Kids crib.
 
2. Etsy Pillow Cover; I just love this and it ties together the bright pink and navy color scheme.
 
3. Large Rustic Wooden Letter: Though we cannot decide on her name, once we do I want a big huge wooden letter with her first initial to hang over her crib. I feel like it will make the space hers.
 
4. Anthropologie Drawer Pulls: I want to spruce up Sienna's old changing table to match the new room. I love these but they would sort of be an unneeded splurge, hence staying on the "wish list" for now.
 
5. Teething Necklace: This is for mama to wear while nursing/holding the little one. Sienna broke a solid amount of my necklaces last time I had an infant. I hope this helps that process (and it looks cute too!)
 
6. Wall hanging: I sort off love the mix of bright colors and the message. But, I think if we do the large letter we may skip out on this since the other wall hangings in that room are oil paintings from Italy and Greece and pretty simple.
 
7. Waterproof Crib Cover: I mean just for obvious reasons. S doesn't sleep with one anymore and I think I threw hers out. I actually think that the best these things ever did was prevent vomit from getting on the mattress, so they have many uses!
 
8. Baby Jogger City Select Double Stroller: This is a BIG wish list item. I have a few friends with this double stroller who swear by it. And Sienna is obsessed with strollers right now for some reason so the option of kicking her out of hers and/or using the board won't work yet. But we may get the board that attaches as she gets older and wants to jump on and off more.
 
9. Newborn Boppy Lounger: I have a fear Sienna is going to accidentally step on or trip over the baby when she is running around like a crazy person. But I want the little one to have some floor time. I feel like this is a really good option- and also for putting her (in the middle of) my bed in the mornings when I'm getting dressed and S is watching some cartoons.
 
There you have it, what I think we need for Baby Girl 2.0. If anyone has any other brilliant suggestions, we are always open to new ideas! XO
 
signaturemeghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...