January 30, 2011

I am a Walls.

So, after stalking maaaaany decor and house blogs (YHL, Bower Power, Thrifty Decor Chick, Hi Sugarplum!), all of which I stole borrowed from my friend, Shannon (Shanannigans), I thought... wait, why aren't we keeping track of building our home together? By building, I mean tearing apart walls, cabinets, etc... and "renovating". Why not keep track of building our life together too? And while I'm at it, why not have a place to type and talk? I mean, we all know I looooove to talk.

About this blog name-- House built of Walls-- is really just that. My new married last name is Walls. Our house is a 1950's split-level, and these walls needed some major work when we moved in. We actually affectionally (?) called this beauty "the dog house" when we were looking at homes, because the overwhelming pungency of wet dog hit you like a wall when you walked in. What did that mean? We scooped it up on short-sale and ripped out those disgusting smelling carpets pronto.  It also meant exploding pipes in the bathroom during move-in weekend, and ripping out walls. fast. It is no wonder our house is always stocked with wine or beer; these projects deserve some feet-up, glass of Evolution, and relaxation when they are completed. So, now we are two Walls building our home and making the walls and everything else inside our own.

A little about me? Welllll, okay if you insist. Long story short, I grew up in the picturesque town of Yardley, PA. I went to college at Penn State and to grad school in Philly at La Salle. There I met my now-husband. In Philly, not at La Salle. Jamie is fantastic, but wouldn't be caught dead in psychology graduate courses. Jamie is my other half, he calms me when I am freaking out (which is often) and he makes me laugh when I'm taking things too seriously. He also cooks. Oh, he also let me bring home TWO kittens from the SPCA a few years ago instead of one. My friend Kelly says that's when she knew he was the one. I concur.

Jamie and I got married back in October, after my return from residency in Ohio. Our photographer rocks. Here's a link to a preview of our photos:Winterthur Wedding Pictures. Scroll down to view. Speaking of weddings, that's another one of my favorite things. At some point, I'll take you all through the whirlwind three months in which I had my own wedding, bridal shower, and three other weddings, two of which I was in. Weddings are related to crafts, and paper goods, which I am also in love with. Self-inking return address stamp? Yes please.

Okay, well that's sufficient rambling for the day. Here's to my very first blog post!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...