June 14, 2011

No commute = Super productive

Today I had training closer to home than work around the corner from my house and got to avoid the headache inducing commute. I finished at 4:30. Do you know HOW MUCH one can DO in that time?

I actually got to go on a real live run. I swear I must have looked like Phoebe a few times from Friends because every once in awhile I got into the songs on my ipod and sang away.
 

Then, after my run, I was like, well I've got some energy. So I went to Target to get some things. I love our new Target because it now has groceries. Ability to buy salad AND self-tanner in the same store? Perfection.  It's June, you should be tan, but that nasty sun does major damage. Self tanner is the way to go. But they stopped selling the foam kind I like. Sad day at Target, sad day. Also do you know that even though the sign on the bathroom says "No merchandise" and you try to be polite and nicely ask the lady at customer service if you can leave your basket  near them while you use the restroom, she will give you a CRAZY look and say "I mean, sure, I guess." JUST TRYING TO FOLLOW YOUR STORE RULES, lady with very bad hair.

THEN I came home and did laundry and dishes. Well, I put laundry and dishes into their perspective washing machines. Close enough. Then I cleaned up our bathroom. And our room.

And now I get to go watch J play soccer. For the first time all year I think. Because a)he is not playing absurdly late circa 10:30 pm like his stupid winter adult league does and b)I AM HOME.

NO COMMUTE = SUPER WIFE and super happy.  PS research says commuting makes you fat. I agree. BUT, today I went running, ate veggies, and drank water. Proof that is true.  I win!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...