June 26, 2011

IIIIIIIIIIIII was going to wear a graphic TEE!

There were so many great lines from our dinner on Friday night with our friends Lauren & Baback... but my favorite scenario could have been the makings of a 8pm ABC sitcom bad reality tv show. The best part was, both of us had independent conversations as a couple before dinner about the same topic. And it didn't come up until circa 10:45 pm after we had already eaten. The damn graphic tees. Now, apparently before dinner Lauren told Baback he couldn't wear a t-shirt to a nice restaurant. He had to wear a button down shirt and look "nice". To make matters worse, she also forced him to read about Tina Fey's first pap smear in Bossypants. Oh wait, I forgot, he read that book willingly, and told Lauren she needed to read that part because it was hilarious. But I digress. Back to the clothing. Rewind to 4 hours pre dinner in Wilmington. J is getting dressed and I am telling him to choose something "nice". He chooses a graphic tee. And it was wrinkly. But, he told me "I am going to pick my outfit and you can like it" in a voice so sarcastic it was allllmost serious. So I let it go. We show up to dinner, eat our entire meals. I mention something vaguely about it and Baback almost word vomits onto the table with his statement of "I WAS GOING TO WEAR A GRAPHIC TEE!" He launched into an entire discussion about how he had to wear a shirt he technically packed for a business trip and his graphic tee wasn't going to be an ugly one. And graphic tees can look nice. He lost his battle. But J won his.
Graphic Tee: 1
Meghan: 0.


But let it be said that on Baback's end of the world:
Graphic Tee: 0
Lauren: 1

The moral of the story is if guys would just learn how to dress well independently, we wouldn't have to ask them to change their shirts. Or maybe fashion isn't that important. Nope. It is. I realized that as soon as those words left my fingers. But, Baback you diiiid look nice. And your shirt made for good photos. Let's look at Baback's favorite graphic tees that he was considering:
Winners, right? I mean we can't control his sense of style. It's one of a kind.

Let's get back to dinner. So J and I arrived early, grabbed a drink, and let the good workers of Salt Air know our friends were joining us soon. We actually got seated pretty quickly (Nino, I honestly don't know how you did it with that busy restaurant, but impressive). We ordered WAY TOO MANY appetizers. And the mussels were a different mix than the usual. I liked them because the had tons of tomatoes and corn mixed in. I actually made Lauren a "loaded mussel" and she liked it. Delicious. We also had salad, chicken wings, and the usual pinchos. As per usual, all delicious. We ate crab cakes and steak and fish for dinner- again all amazing.

But better than dinner was our conversations. And the moments when Lauren gave Baback a look that said "OMG are you really talking about this in public?"  But J only egged him on and the stories flowed. Like the delicious wine and beer. Speaking of which, Baback is a high roller and indulged in some delicious PBR. While Lauren tricked us all and ordered the most expensive wine on the menu accidentally ordered the wine above the one she thought she ordered and should have just drank a whole bottle.

Andddd of course we needed to remember to take pictures. I was so mad at first because I forgot my camera but Cauffiel to the rescue!


In other news, Baback wanted to go to Funland. Do you know what Funland is? It is that place we took our nephew that I wrote about here.  On Saturday, we saw Lauren and Baback strolling down the beach together. We chatted for awhile, and they mentioned they might head to Funland. As if my magic, I reached into my beach bag and pulled out an entire packet of FUNLAND tickets! For rides and other such things. And post FB stalking, I know that they did indeed make it to Funland. You are my kind of couple.

You guys are fantastic. So much fun with you this weekend! I hope you enjoyed many lemon trees, bumper cars, race cars, mini golf... and eating all that Rehoboth has to offer (Did you decide if Nicola's or Grotto's wins your pizza battle?)! Baback, if you are REALLY really lucky funny and amusing, you will get a guest appearance on the blog after Freeman's wedding. You better work on some good dance skills and conversation starters before then. Also, I truly hope on that Friday night before the wedding you show up in your best fashion, wearing a graphic tee. Lauren, let it go.

BEACH BUDDIES FOREVER,
xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...