August 28, 2012

Happy Half Birthday, Baby Girl!

*As per usual, I am late posting. 6 months was technically August 20th.

6 months old. How did this happen? From my quick labor, to bringing her home from the hospital thinking are they really letting us take her home by ourselves ?! Staying up all night in the early days, staring at her endlessly, sobbingly returning to work at 6 weeks, and then slowly getting into our routine.... we both survived.

We made it a half of a year. Each day with S gets better. Her little gummy toothless smile lights up a room. She squeals when I get home from work. She plays with my hair with one hand while she falls asleep with her head on my shoulder. She sniffles and snorts her nose when she's excited (thanks grammy for teaching her that one!). She rolls around in circles from happiness when J goes to get her in the morning and he's the first face she sees. She scoots backwards. She sits up. She babbles. She laughs. But none of that comes close to describing this baby. She's happy. She's content. And she is in love with her mama (umm yes, and our 3 am nursing sessions). Her giggle is infectious. I am probably jinxing us, but aside from the whole sleeping through the night thing- which is possibly half my fault too- she is such an easy easy baby. We're lucky. You know life is good when after you put your baby to bed, you and your hubs spend time laying around looking at photos of her.

Lucky, lucky, lucky. We made a video of all the iphone photos I've taken of my little one over the past six months, but alas, the blog won't let me upload a twenty four minute Sienna show.  So, this photo below will have to suffice for now. What a gorgeous baby I have.
Happy six months, Sienna Bear!!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...