March 14, 2013

My must have right now

Anyone else have a baby + work half time, so that you are constantly balancing home and career, never quite totally in or out of one or the other? This is my life. I love it. I feel insanely lucky to have 2-3 days home with S a week. But it also means that I sometimes just don't have time to go get my nails done leisurely. Now, don't get me wrong, my husband is the best in the land and when I say that I mean it: he is super dad. But on weekends lately I just want to take my time to be with my fam, or for a long shower, or a few extra minutes in bed. But, I do have some down time after S goes to bed at night or during naps. And you know, when I'm watching reality tv that doesn't need my full attention.

Enter this genius product:  Sally Hanson Insta-Dri   (linked here on amazon)


This lovely stuff is under $4. Cheap. And you can get it from target. Or the phamarcy. Or wherever.
 
 
 For St. Patty's day I went with this lovely green shade. I love it!!

Here's the best part- this stuff takes t60 seconds to dry- it's always set and good to go before I need to scoop up S or switch the laundry or grab the car keys. It is PERFECT for a new mama without much time or patience to wait for that nice hard glossy finish the salon gives you.


Since it's super affordable (and sometimes just has to replace a mani when there's no time) I've invested in quite a few colors. Here are three of my favorite shades. The slate (left) looks darker in this photo than it actually is. I started using the petal pushed (far right) awhile ago just because of the tone of the color. But for sure, this stuff is my best friend as a mom.

So if you are a bit short on time (and/or if you happen to be a bit short on money for your biweekly mani) these are seriously winners.

Happy nail painting!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...