July 11, 2012

Catch Up!

Summer = busy! I can't believe it's the middle of July! This blog, which is supposed to keep a record of all of the awesome life happenings around the Walls house, has been left by the wayside. I suppose that's a good thing- it means we are too busy living it to record it. Maybe that's how it's supposed to be. But, I want Sienna to look back at this years from now and giggle at her mama writing about how she rolled over the first time. And I want to feel nostalgia about my friends' wedding photos. So with Sienna in bed and J at soccer, I'm sitting myself down with a glass of wine and a huge folder of photos. June was a whirlwind and July has been no slow stroll either. We're loving summer, loving parenthood, and loving having some time for just us, too. Excuse the 100 photos. We've gotta get it all in.

We started off the summer with a bang, with Haley + Frank's wedding. We were there the night H + F met. It was one of my favorite grad school evenings, a SarahAnna birthday production. Fado. Late night cake. And an absolutely unforgettable first encounter of the newlyweds. The wedding was at Grounds for Sculpture and pretty awesome. It was our first post baby wedding too!



June continued with plans, visits, friends, and family. We were constantly loading the car and off on our way [somewhere or another]. Sienna and I had munched on delish snacks and filled ourselves with cute baby games at Lindsay's shower. Baby girl Workman is due in August and Sienna can't wait for a new little girlfriend to gossip with.  That whole being in the moment thing meant I took no photos at the shower because I forgot my camera, but did take this iphone gem of Laurie and S.  We of course had to stop by my parents for Sienna to chat with Stella on their play mat.


One of the best things about this summer is the closeness of my family. I love that Sienna gets to play with Stella [fine, play next to Stella]. And for some reason, all these years later, there's nothing in the world quite as relaxing as flopping onto my parnents couch after a full day of celebrations. Here are the two little tots with grandma, and with gigi aka great grammy.


We continued the wedding celebrations with Melissa's bridal shower in Yardley. True to form, her tailgate-themed shower was quickly embraced even though she showed up in a newly purchased Nordstrom frock. We indulged in burgers, beans, and other tailgate favorites at the Alexander abode.



J's first father's day was a really special and memorable one. It marked the one year pregaversary, Sienna's first chance to make Jamie cute signs, and I welcomed the chance to tell J about 100 times that he is the best.dad.ever. I really don't know anyone as good as Jamie (okay well maybe my own dad gives him a run for his money).  A couple's dinner post S's bed time was the perfect end to the day.



To round out the month, we cleaned up our usual yoga pants and UVA shorts for black tie optional attire. This time a trip over to the Camden Aquarium where we watched Dan + Denise tie the knot. My senior prom was at the aquarium and it brought back memories. *Sigh* Eighteen, skinny, and tan. Fun high school days, but not even close to the best times of my life [aka now].


We celebrated 4th of July, dressed Sienna in stars and stripes, and spent last weekend catching up with some of our favorite family + friends.


Phew! I'm exhausted from catching up. I'm just loving life lately. Happy Summer! xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...