July 26, 2012

Sometimes a girl just needs a good *gush*

As I lay here on my bed watching some rom com (I seriously don't even know the name of it, but it looked cheesy enough to only need 20% of my concentration), I'm listening to the rain slamming down on our roof. The noise of mother nature's latest storm is louder than the televisio, louder than S's sound machine.

But Sienna is fast asleep. Butt in the air. Not a care in the world. This must be what they mean when they say sleeping like a baby. I glance at her in her monitor every minute or so and I just cannot help that my heart fills up with butterflies when I look at her. How is she five months old? How did she suddenly turn from the tiny growing babe who made the second line on the pregancy test light up to a full head of hair fiesty newborn... to a baby who I know? I know her heart is going to be full of love and goofiness like her mama. I know she's going to be smart and inquisitive and smile all the time like her dada. She just makes me gush with love. Every day I fling open the door after work and my eyes dart around the room to find her eyes. And when they meet we both smile the biggest smiles we've smiled all day. This is what life's about.

And in an hour or so when J arrives after soccer, my heart will skip a little beat. Just like it always does when he opens the door and makes this house my home. And... and, anddd while we are still a little lot tired these days from baby world, it's the tiniest things that remind me that our marriage is quite simply my favorite. It's the hand that reaches over to my side of the bed and rubs my back after Sienna's middle of the night feed. It's the silence that doesn't need to be filled with words when we share a glass of wine after putting our daughter to bed. It's the fact that even when we are busy, I see a random text message that makes me smile pop up on my phone mid day.  It's the fact that the future is a given, and I'm always daydreaming about our next adventure together.

How did I get all of this? How did I go from that 16-year-old drama filled teen dreaming of "one day" to living it? No matter how it all came about, one thing's for sure, these two make me the happiest.

my favorites about two months ago. tiny s!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...