July 12, 2012

Suppli, please.

Pinterest is back in my life after a newborn baby induced hiatus. Though, if I had discovered the app on my iphone prior to a week ago I may have spent the dawn hours nursing S watching the rising sun while pinning away.  Today while pining away- yes pining, not pinning- at photos of Italy and dreams to return to one of my favorite places on earth [rome specifically], I came across the culinary delight I could literally live on for life with no other means of nutrition. Yes, I'd be extremely fat most likely. But happy, so happy.

Hi suppli, I missed you.


In Roma, these balls of rice are tomato flavored with a gooey mozzarella center. In other parts of Italy they are slightly different and called other things. Sicily? Arancine. But my heart and memories live in the tiny pizza places that served these to me for 1euro on my way to classes during my summer in Roma. To me, they will always be called suppli.

Goal of the month: Make these. With this recipe.
{I found tons of recipes online, but the true Roma suppli is tomato sauce mixed with the rice and a huge chunk of mozz in the middle. I mean could anything be better?}



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...