February 4, 2013

Cloud Dough Experiment

It's cold out. We are stuck inside.

I'm bored of playing with the same toys with S again and again.

I can't wait for spring. I need warmer weather and sunshine. We need to go on walks. Go to the park. Go to the zoo. But for now, freezing.cold. And S hates jackets, so yeah, that's going well...

So pinterest told me to make cloud dough.

Do you know how simple this is? Flour + Oil. The website I found (which I can't right now) says:
8 cups flour
1 cup Baby Oil.

We know I can't follow directions and well, we don't use baby oil. So I went with.
4 cups flour
3/4 cup Vegetable Oil.

It worked.

I taped down garbage bags to my kitchen floor. Brilliant because this is messy for sure. The mixture if well mixed for about two minutes acts like sand, but is flour! So much fun. Oh, PS I set S up on the floor with the garbage bags and some measuring cups to play with while I mixed. I knew she wouldn't be able to wait to stick those little hands in!




How cool? It really is like sand! I built things and Sienna smashed them, quickly. Oh and yuck! Doesn't taste good at all!




Oh yeah, umm maybe don't wear black leggings and boots. You will end up looking like this.

 
And mamas if you are concerned about the mess rest easy. The picture on the left was right after we finished (including Sienna's pants that were too dirty to even get to her laundry). I rolled up the garbage bags after sweeping the stray dough onto them. This took about 3 minutes.
 
Happy Cold Day Activity!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...