June 15, 2014

happy father's day, daddy

{Two years ago Sienna guest blogged on father's day, this year she's back at it with lots of words. Happy father's day, Jamie. You're one of a kind!}

Dear Daddy,

Hiiiiii! I love you so much. I like to call you daddy but sometimes if you don't answer lately, I call you JAMIE WALLS. That usually gets your attention.

You are the best daddy! I love waiting for you to get home from work and holding the door open for you. Speaking of which, thanks for always letting me play with you the minute you get home. Without even taking off your shoes, I have you running. We play hiding and you make me fly around the house. I can't stop laughing. My favorite hiding place is in my crib when you climb in with me and we hide under the covers- mommy can never find us there! Oh, by the way, I'm really sorry that one time I pooped on your jeans when we were playing in there. Diaper mishap, ya know...

I love your hugs, I love that you always kiss me goodbye before work (And I remind you if you forget now!) You help me learn new things and let me explore. You let me tackle you and jump off the stairs or off the edge of the pool into your arms.

When I get hurt, you scoop me up and give me kisses even if I say I don't want them. You're kind and patient and you really really are good at letting me make up games and following along. Also, I love finding worms outside with you. Some people say they are gross, but we both seem to know how awesome they are.

Most of all, I am thankful that you always put me first. You always want to give me a hug and a kiss. You want to keep me happy, but you also sort of tell me when I can't have what I want. I don't love that, but it helps me understand how this house works a little more.  It seems like sometimes you come home and are really tired, but you play with me anyway. On the weekends, you bound out of bed to get me and bring me downstairs for cartoons and you build tall lego towers with me while mommy sips her coffee slowly and acts like she is still fast asleep. Good thing we have each other, huh?

Daddy, you're my favorite. Thanks for being such a good dad to me. And also, can we please work on you staying in my room until I fall asleep? I mean, what else do you have to do? You can just sit in my chair and we can talk until I am sleeping, okay?
I love you tons and tons,
XOXO
Sienna
(Age 2 yrs, 4 months)



0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...