March 23, 2011

Stud(s) of the Walls' House

Let's discuss the fact that my our kitchen is stripped down to studs.
Now let's discuss how OCD I am going to be as a parent. Can you guess my #1 concern with this?  I was afraid the cats would soooomehow climb behind the very small slits between the floor and the walls now. I was so worried I made Jamie move those ikea packages into the kitchen (yeah, there were alterior motives). Now, you see, our two cats, Internet (Jamie named him) and Dex, are afraid of everything in life. EXCEPT power tools. That's because J has used them since the day we got them. So while J claimed they would be too afraid to explore back there, I knew better. But then, this is where I found those two little devils about a half hour after forcing J to move the ikea boxes in front of the spaces they could "fall into". If this is how much I worry about my cats, what will happen when we have a real life baby?!
Ok, so maybe I was wrong. Exploring was not on their list. They were too busy napping and looking pissed off I woke them up with the flash of the camera.

Here are some more of the down to studs pictures:
Jamie loves those power tools. And is safely wearing a mask because all of the dust was flying in the air. Which brings me to point number two.

Those are the wall studs.

This is my Walls stud. Get it? Ha I crack myself up sometimes.
He cleans up well, right? So we have no kitchen, but we do still have a functioning fridge and freezer. I must share what J does for me sometimes that makes me smile inside and outside. And seriously ask myself WHYYYY did I not find this man earlier in my life? So, after we ate dinner the other night and I was doing my normal snoop around for snacks, I happened to open the freezer, and it was the MECCA of Meg snacks.

 I nearly lost my mind. Now, I don't need to eat junk every night. In fact, I work in a weight management clinic and these foods are RED (as in a stop light, red means stop, do not pass go, do not put those foods in your mouth). However, once in awhile, I need to splurge. Especially after my long commute. And in case the birthday party ice cream isn't enough to make me celebrate, we have these too:
Heaven. In my Freezer. I realize I cannot eat them every day. But what more could  wife want than her hubby to buy her ice cream.... x3. Yep, that's right I had oooone more treat waiting.
Now, you might think, wait your hubs got you skinny cow? Is he trying to tell you something? I am actually 99.9% sure J bought these for himself, since they are not chocolate. He hates chocolate, which I think is not really human. But, whatevs, more Snickers for me.

There's my studly house at the moment.

Oooooo guess what else? Shannanigans is having a Yard Sale May 21. It is on my calendar. I am so pumped. By that time our kitchen projects (and our office and deck, which I promise to reveal soon) will be finished and I will be ready to take some new items into our home. Woohoo!

2 comments:

  1. Meg & Jamie, I would worry about my cats the same as Meg. We also eat Blue Bunny; but we eat frozen yogurt with chocolate chips. Hope your kitchen gets done soon so you don't have to worry about the kitty's anymore. Love, Aunt Maryann

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Aunt Maryann! Mmm frozen yogurt with chocolate chips sounds good, but birthday party and birthday cake ice creams are my favvvv.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...