October 30, 2011

oh good morning, hormones. nice to see you.

I had the radio on when I was getting ready  this morning, and I was listening to music as I was attempting to dry my hair... and that Brad Paisley song, Letter to Me came on. You know, about if he could write a letter to his 17 year old and self.

And I was singing along and then the lines:

You've got so much up ahead
You'll make new friends, you should see your kids and wife
And I'd end by saying have no fear,
These are nowhere near the best years of your life.

And randomly started to get tearful. Not sad, just like yeah, he's right. 17 was CLEARLY not the best time of life. But man oh man, did those break  ups and weekend party invites seem like the end of the world. I think the best time is now. Knowing who you are, having a partner who loves you for you, and building a family. And being surrounded by some of the best friends in the entire world.

Ahhhh as I said, good morning hormones, nice to see you. xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...