October 25, 2011

people send me things and i like them and i love those people.

Fine, people technically are sending the BABY things. But they are addressed to me. And it makes me gush with gratitute. You know that song by Natalie Merchant and the 10,000 maniacs, Thank You? I know, it's a throw back. But that's how I feel about all these things we have received for baby. I love this song, I forgot how great it is. I had it on a burned CD at one point in my life. Wonder where that is... but I digress. Play this little number while you read about my thankfulness for these gifts.


First, my parents. Not only have they contributed to helping us furnish the nursery, they've bought us the most thoughtful and adorable gifts. I don't have pictures of all of them, but here are a few so far:


Pink onesie and pink hand embroidered dress- First "girl" present from mom & dad.
Bunny with yoga cards. Bunny is from San Fran during my parent's trip this summer the week after we told them we were expecting a baby!


This photo won't rotate. It's making me annoyed. But these yoga cards are such a great pregnant mama gift. My mom found them for me!
My parents are not the only ones who were gracious. We've gotten presents from friends, family, and we love every one. Not every single one is picture because some of the gifts (especially clothes) are packed up in drawers or bags so that they don't get dirty before little one gets here. So thank you thank you thank you.... Here are some of my favs that I did happen to snap pics of.


These cutie bows (I love bows) & sweet sweet card came from fellow blogger Sarah. We share our lives online, and these cute little bows arrived with an equally cute note today. So thoughtful and just a reminder of how many people are there to support Baby W!



Mr. Logan Steffa (courtesy of his mama, Laurie, I'd know that handwriting anywhere) sent us this cuuuuute owl hat. Logan, sorry that we're not having a boy like you asked, but yes, you can have dibs on baby Walls future friends! Love having Laurie fill me in on the daily happenings of pregnancy (past) and new mommyhood (present).


Grandma bought this for us... a silver sippy cup. This brings new meaning to being born with a silver spoon in your mouth. So cute & such a little keepsake. I cant wait to put this up on the shelves in baby's room when it's ready to go.



Jess found these cutie PSU infant booties. Penn State was a big part of life for a long time, and baby will love wearing these. She better learn early that she's destined to be a PSU fan! Also check out the second pic for the scale of how TEENY these are. They are for infants, not even the length of my pointed finger! So adorable.

Okay one more from the parents. SO appropriate given our house going-ons and the way J can seriously fix anything. I love these, even for a girl. We can make her wear this shirt on trips to the Home Depot because let's face it... there are many.

I ADORE the baby things rolling in. And do you know what we got today too? A Nordstrom gift box. Sign me up! Sarah sent this to us. She lives across the whooooole country, but always knows how to brighten my day. She also sent me flowers when I found out I was pregnant. This little lavender hippo is going right into baby's room and if baby is very lucky, I won't steal hippo for my own stuffed animal. She is sooooo soft!

This is all so much fun. And again, people have sent things that didn't quite make it to the blog because they are in baby storage for a bit. But I love it all. so THANK YOU! THANK YOU! THANK YOU! xoxo.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...