November 16, 2011

It's been awhile... but back to reality.

Between the PSU scandal and then my grandfather passing away, I was distracted to say the least over the past week. My heart broke on a lot of levels, and after spending a few days in Connecticut with my family, getting some love from some of my best friends in NYC on the drive home, and curling up Sunday late afternoon under a blanket with tea and reflecting on the week, I finally am back to earth.

So, we have some busy weekends coming up. But we have either one or two days a few of them that are free, and we really need to get down to business on this baby room and finishing a few other house projects. So when I write things, I feel more responsible for them, here's where the list lies for now. Oh yeah, our cats currently eat and lounge in our office- which is turning into the baby room. So that has to be fixed. We have a room between our TV room & garage that is currently storage. That's the new cat digs. Or soon it will be.

House & Baby Prep List
Kitchen
Finish last piece of tile
Grouting
Recessed Lighting
Light over sink
Choose paint for eating area
Paint eating area
Paint trim
Finish reno of china cabinet

New Cat Room
Clean out "storage" area
New FLOR carpet tiles
frame new door
move cat things (beds, food bowls, litter)
create cat door into room

DIY Crafts & Baby Projects
Change hardware on baby armoire to Anthro pulls
Buy second hand dresser
Renovate second hand dresser
DIY name project (secret even to me since we haven't picked a name yet)

Baby Room
Move all office furniture out of room & store
Clean, Clean, Clean!!!
Paint second coat of ligher yellow paint
Move in furniture (December delivery)
Hang chandelier & wire lighting
Clean out closet (dreading this) to make room for baby clothes
Hang Wall Decor

And yes, I did write and then cross off "choose paint for eating area". I did it, but it's sitting under our kitchen table I think. I need to get on top of that. That would be a good weekend project maybe. So much to do, but we've handled worse and more! Anyone want to volunteer to lend a hand? Also if you have any brilliant suggestions for me, send them my way.

Lists make me feel better. And I'll update as we go!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...