January 22, 2012

one, two, threeeee (said in the voice of the owl from the tootsie pop commercial)


Here are the three projects I we accomplished today. Numbers 1 and 2 are all me. Number 3 would not even be slightly functional without Jamie's expertise. Not too shabby for a Sunday.
Number 1:Decorative Hoops
 I've had this pinned since before I was pregnant possibly... or soon after. It was definitely in the early days. I clicked and found the blog it came from, with more details and cutie baby!It looked cute, cheap, and doable. Now, the only problem? Our baby has no name yet. I don't mean we know and aren't sharing... or that she's not here so we aren't jinxing anything. We just haven't decided! So with my project, I just cut a W out of paper and used it as a placeholder. After a quick trip to AC moore for fabric (I bought the "swatches for $1.99) and embroidery hoops- it was so super easy and fast!


Oh yeah, wait, I also "splurged" on the little fabric self-adhesive flowers. . I am hoping to do a few more with greys in them in the upcoming weeks. The really poorly cut out W makes this look sort of half-assed (and that part was), but I hung them up on the wall just to see what they'd generally look like and I love them!

 
Number 2: Refurbished Lamp!
The light. The stand up lamp in that room was a black rusty type color. I planned to just get rid of it, until something caught my eye at Home Depot, our second home lately. Rustoleum Paint & Primer in one. For ANY surface (at any angle apparently, though my 3 coats tell me that is not so).

But it definitely works... and $7 for paint is better than $150 for a new white lamp. So I did my best.

Oh wow, messy garage. That is because there are 500 boxes from baby stuff in there. Let me give you a closer look at the white version- it's glossy and pretty!
 And here is the finished product i the room sitting with the rest of the furniture!


Number 3: CHANDELIER!!! Baby Pottery Barn Chandelier! It's finished!!!
I'd like to expain to you how this occured, but all I've got are a few photos and a lot of happiness. J and his friend Jeff wired the chandelier appropriately from another power sources in the room, climbed in the attic, and ran the electric to the ceiling where the chandlier needed to be hung. One downside is a big hole had to be made in the wall, but don't worry, it's on the mend.
 Here's what the hole looked like yesterday. The paint is thinset over new drywall. 
The coolest part to me? The thinset dries white so you know it's ready.
Here it is today- with 2 coats (and lots of sanding and dust on the floor). Much better. One more coat of paint and we're back in action. And look at that nice new electric outlet. And after hanging all the little crystals individually, we realized there is one small tall problem.....


 Jamie hits his head on this thing. Oh well! At least it's just the dangling part and not the metal. I am sure he will get out of changing a few diapers by saying "oh but I can't fit under that chandelier you wanted!"

Here's baby room to date. I love the cream/yellow/grey/light color theme and how soft it all looks. The curtains haven't been put back up yet because we don't want dust all over them. Same reason no bedding is on the crib. We'll get there.

I'm satisfied for today...productivity + a good bacon and cheese omelet for brunch will do that for me!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...