February 10, 2012

Last Cat Post: Cat Free to a GOOD non-cat home.


Sadly, this has to be the last cat post about the prozac and the crazies.  I know that once I write this and once we do what we need to do, my broken heart will no longer allow me to write funny blogs about them.

Last night, the cat fighting got worse. I was home alone, 38 weeks preg, and petrified. All I could think of in my head was, "what would happen if I was holding our infant?" The cats were separated but Internet managed to finagle his way through the door when I opened it and Dexter turned around and attacked. It was horrible, horrible, horrible. Imagine the worst cat noises you've ever heard times ten.

I managed to separated them by throwing a huge huge blanket over one and picking up the entire thing and almost tossing it down the stairs. I managed to chase Dex up the stairs into the guest room. They are still in their perspective spots this morning.

I called Jamie crying, because for the first time in a long time, I was scared that they would hurt me- or worse- baby. I pictured myself with a newborn infant in my arms- I couldn't have cat wrangled. They would never act like that when they are alone. They are sweet and purr and want to be held. And I adoooore these cats. What human being pays for vet bills, prozac, feliway refills ($70 a pop, last for less than a month), and deals with separation and closed doors of the house for their cats? Well, we did. But not anymore.

So when J came home last night, we discussed our options and this morning we called the vet. I have an intense fear he is going to tell me Dex needs to be put to sleep because he is sometimes unpredictable. But low and behold, this morning, in their own spaces, they are calm. And nice. They just hate living together. And that is so mean. It is like keeping two fighting spouses in an house and making them fight it out instead of divorcing after trying everything they can.

I love love love these animals, but I love my family more- so they have got to go.

ANYONE who knows of a good home with NO OTHER CATS (and preferably no babies since we don't know how they'd really react to that) please let me know. My heart is broken in a billion pieces and I have shed quite a few tears over my pets. But they need a new home, or at least one of them does. Living with another male dominant cat is not an option.

I think they'd do best in a home with just adults or even one older adult who needs some company. They love to cuddle and purr and be nice when they are just with humans, but add another cat in the mix and it just does not go well.

PLEASE someone help me find a home for these love bugs. They are good cats, they just are both dominant and can't be with other cats. We are willing to give away either of them if someone has a preference.

Help a pet lover out and find my guys a home. xoxo.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...