September 11, 2013

(local) Wanderlust Wednesday

First of all- I realize it's 9/11. My memories of that day are still pretty strong, and today as we look back and look ahead I'm grateful the people I love are safe and sound. I'm grateful for a country that provides us with so many niceties. I hope that we continue to move forward bravely, to thank the NYPD and NYFD for their incredible work 12 years ago today, and everyday. {We remember}

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I've been house dreaming lately. Today's wanderlust wednesday is not truly about traveling the world; it's more about exploring our journey as a family and where we will end up next. We're not moving yet- and I've dropped to J that when we do I want to build our own new home. Part of me knows that probably will never happen because it's in our blood to paint and reno and create spaces that are truly our own. And so... through my browsing on redfin and trulia, I bring you my current dream home....

I just fell head over heels for charm that oozes from the front of the house. The cute landscaping, the color scheme that is eerily familiar to the house I grew up in. The corner lot with rocks for our little one to climb on. The space- this house is massive compared to what we have now. I love that the garage is in the back, giving the front that warm welcoming glow of "come on in" without having cars sitting outside. I love the back stone porch.

Is it the best neighborhood? To be honest, we don't know. But the street view and the houses around it are gorgeous- always a good sign.  It's been on the market over 100 days- so who knows, maybe in another 100 or 200 or 300 when we are realistically ready to buy, it will be there waiting for us. 

It needs work. While the exterior screams "I love you, come in and be my forever family" the inside says "sorry I tricked you and look like the 1980s threw up". But the floors are (mostly) new hardwood, the master bedroom is huge with walk in closets and a huge bathroom, and on the first floor is an extra master suite- would be perfect for grandparents or other family members to stay in when visiting. A ton of painting would have to occur. A full kitchen reno (2.0) would have to occur. But it would be liveable and spacious for our family.

What's your latest house dream? Happy Wanderlust Wednesday. Dare to dream.


signaturemeghan

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...