February 4, 2011

Here Comes the Bride(s). Part One.

Six years ago I met two of the best women I know. Kelly and Sarah quickly became my friends and confidants. I thought when I got to grad school I'd find some acquaintances; I had enough friends. I was wrong. These two wove their way into my life, and found their way deep into my heart. My affection for them is only outweighed by my admiration of their success both professionally and personally.

Rewind 2.5 years. In November 2008, I opened our hotel room door in Orlando at a psychology conference to see Kelly with her brand new gorgeous diamond on her finger. We toasted, we made her wear bride Mickey ears.
Fast forward 4 months. March 2009. Sarah gets engaged. We flip through endless bridal magazines over the next few months. We talk about how Chris found her the perfect ring. I start to wonder when my turn is coming.
Fast Forward 4 months. July 2009, Jamie proposed. It was simple and perfect and solidified every reason I knew Jamie was right for me. By that point, Sarah had moved to Hoboken and Kelly to Connecticut for residencies. But, still, we celebrated again. Sarah drove down from new york to see me and gave me a subscription to bride magazines (jackpot!). The next week when I was in CT to visit my grandma, Kelly and I went to dinner and she gave me a "just engaged" tank top, which I love love loved.

So, here we were, three engaged best friends.  Kelly picked August 14, Sarah September 25, and me October 16. This meant, in eight short weeks, we'd have three weddings. Three bridesmaids in each other's weddings. It also meant three bridal showers, three bachelorette parties, three differing wedding planning techniques, and a whole lot of laughter and fun. And mayyybe a little stress. Just a little. 

So intermixed into the house tour, as I get good pictures of the rooms and such, I will do a quick remix of the wedding events of 2010. Here are three pictures, from three weddings, of two of my very best friends.

Sarah's Wedding in Vermont
Kelly's Wedding in Philadelphia
Just some dance moves @ My Wedding at Winterthur in Wilmington, DE.

So that was the beginning..... more to come on each wedding and wedding events! xo

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...