February 11, 2011

We're going to Sonoma!!

I got an email late last night (well, let's face it I was sleeping at 11pm when  it arrived, so I got it early this morning) from my friend Liz. Liz has been the longstanding organizer of the group. To herd our high school friends is like herding cats, but Liz generally does quite well. Combine Liz's fantastic organization skills with our friend Sarah's knowledge of San Francisco and its surroundings... and you get a ridiculous well-planned and thoughtful wine weekend. Oh, I should also mention Sarah's boyfriend Nick has the inside info, so that doesn't hurt! So, Liz's email detailed the dates, the cottages (so cute), and the general plan for the trip. I read the email twice. Then I felt defeated. I wasn't quite sure we could throw a long weekend trip to California in our plans. But, with the agreement of my wonderful husband, we decided it was a weekend we couldn't miss.

So, we are going to SONOMA! Just for three days, later on in the spring. But, a trip with my best friends and the equally fun men in their lives, has been a long-time dream. And since two of the group (Sarah and Melissa) live on the West Coast, we owe them a get together on their side of the country. I am so excited!! We are staying here:
We are staying in the right red arrow, but Liz also reserved cottage Sonoma, the left red arrow!
This map alone makes me ravenously hungry. I should plan to gain 5 pounds in our short trip out there. Can you tell how excited I am?!  I also love this picture:
Okay, I have no idea what any of it means. But it sure looks to me like all signs point to wine. yes, please.
I seriously cannot wait for this short but bound to be amazing trip. I wouldn't trade these women for the world.
Who wouldn't want to go on a vacation with these people?!
my yardley girls! Melissa, Sarah, Me, Rach, Jess, Liz.
Cheers to Sonoma!

1 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...