April 23, 2011

Jeans vs. Duvets

Remember when we discussed Jamie's jeans here? Right, so J is a saver and a methodical spender. But, sometimes, when you least suspect it, he is totally cool with splurging. It makes me laugh.

Let's revisit the jean scenario real quick. J owns some nice pairs of jeans, one of which was purchased when he forgot pants on a trip to Ohio to visit me. No joke, he cannot pack for himself. Many good qualities. many, many, many for which I am grateful. But good thing he married an organized packer, who starts to prepare a week prior to trips. Hawaii could have been a disaster. So, he does have some nice jeans. But, he buys these cheapy jeans and would really be completely satisfied with wearing only those pairs I think. I would say that 99% of the time, J would be happy in $7 jeans, a t-shirt, and flip flops. Fantastic, right? Since I said I'll take the extra for some of these babies:

Speaking of Sevens, anyone know where to find the super old school kind we all wore in college? My last pair has finally bit the dust and I just don't love the new versions.  My friend Kelly had on the classics when I saw her a few weeks ago and it made me long for a brand new pair of the old favorites.

But, when it comes to bedding, J follows that whole "we spend so much of our lives in our bed" belief and should be in that video from the movie Uptown Girls. You remember, right? This one.
Sheets of Egyptian Cotton.

Sad. Blog world won't let me put the video into this post, so there's your link. Go to minute 1:31. Nah nah nah nah nah sheets of egyptian cotton!

Here's the story. We own three duvet covers. Three nice duvet covers. The one I love most, J says is "crinkly". He actually calls it the Cracker Barrel duvet. Then we have another beautiful one that is dark tan and white square Hotel bedding. But, nope, that one isn't good enough for right now either. Our third one was the one we bought when we first got a king bed. 100% cotton. White. High thread count. That is the one we use all the time. White is not a good color when you have pets. Even if you do laundry a whoooole lot. But J calls it "the cloud" and to be honest, it does sort of feel like one.

Well, this morning, our lovely little buddy of a cat decided to vomit on the bed. Twice. Gross. I am now totally done with that duvet. But could we use a replacement one from the linen closet? Sure couldn't. We ordered a 100% cotton, 600 thread count, all white replacement cloud.

$7 jeans, but high thread count 100% cotton duvet covers? What are we? Royalty?
 Lucky for me, I found a great duvet on overstock that didn't break the bank. And coming home from work on a long day to a nice fluffy could iiiiis sort of nice. Let's hope the replacement is as good as the original cloud. So I'm certainly not complaining about getting a new duvet, but I would just like to say, that in support of jean shopping, you also spend 40% of your life in your jeans.  A new survey told me so.

(Okay, no it didn't, but it is probably true). Sweet dreams.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...