April 20, 2011

Sometimes... I get wedding withdrawal.

I was emailing with my videographer this week and emailing with my photographer... we should have our final versions of our full video and album soon. I am soooo impatient; they are both lucky I appreciate a good product. And that J is super patient and tells me to be patient too. By the way Rob, if you are reading this, I sent someone your way today... does that mean I get 51 pages?

Then today I was reading my friend Laurie's blog, and was re-watching her "preview" video of her wedding and found myself in tears. I forgot that her husband, Joe, added to her vows, "and I promise to never be late again". hilarious.

You see, in a matter of three months, I got married, and saw three of my good friends get married.... I showcased Sarah and Kelly's weddings on here, and Laurie got married a mere two weeks before me. She and her new hubby Joe actually flew back from Africa the day of our wedding! Can you say jet-lag?!

Anyway, all these wedding related activities make me miss it. Sometimes. Last year, I was living alone in my little (but amazing) Columbus, Ohio apartment g-chatting with my girls about our newest etsy finds, our dreams of weddings, our trials and tribulations of wedding dresses, bridesmaid dresses, mother of the bride dresses, mother of the bride decisions, save the dates, invitations... the list goes on.

Some days, I think our house projects replace my wedding projects. Other days, I would give anything to wear my satin gorgeous wedding dress again and ignore the pile of dust that is currently our kitchen. I think that my other in place of wedding planning dreaming and daydreaming is dedicated to planning upcoming vacations. Thank goodness Sonoma is on the brink, and I am attempting to plan a mini vaca for J's birthday this summer. But... still... my poor wedding dress sits in a closet (cleaned, but not preserved because at one point I had visions of doing a "trash the dress" shoot).  Now, I realize I cannot fit this body into that dress due to a 2 week pre-wedding streak of eating crackers and water from stress and motivation to my very healthy pre-wedding diet to ensure the dress would zip. Let's just take a look at how beautiful she was:
I remember when I saw this dress across the room... It's from the Bliss Collection of Monique Lhuillier. By from across the room, I mean on another bride parading in front of the mirror. I asked my bridal consultant to grab it. It didn't come with that belt. That's a Lazaro belt I had seen a few weeks before and I just knew I had to find it to add it to this dress. Ah, perfection.

Anyone else ever dream of the days of wedding planning, wedding dresses, and dreaming of a fairytale wedding?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...