September 27, 2011

Happy Life, Blogettes, and Old Friends.

I was reading my daily blogs and fellow blogger Sarah wrote this post about reminiscing about weddings (a fellow 2010 wedding-er), appreciating the fall season, and falling in love over again with the lives we live. It made me nostalgic and yes, sure, I blame some of the hormones pumping through my blood... but it is also so... me. It reminded me of when 16 year old me would dream about the days of a husband who would cook me dinner (okay fine maybe then it was just a steady relationship where your boyfriend called you back), having a house, a life, my own car, my own phone. How life has changed... but how thankful I am for two things 1. My dreams have come full circle. I have the things I want in life, but more importantly, the people I want in life and 2. How things haven't changed at all in some ways.

Which also brings me to think of friendships... I have women whose blogs I follow daily and feel like I am a part of their lives even if I am cities away. Some are close friends, but some I have never met. I think of it as my own little (non creepy) online community. And I love it. I love having a cup of tea on a Saturday morning and getting lost in the words and pictures of some fantastic writers who share their lives via blogging. And I am thankful that I started this blog because I love that I can do the same,  keep my family updated, and have a written dialogue of our daily life.

And while considering how things have changed and not changed, my mind turns to my friends who've been there through it all. The other day, I got a card from one of my grad school friends congratulating Jamie and I on our baby news. The card was cute, but funny just like the person who sent it to me. It brought me back to the days of cracking up in class or in the student union. A few weeks ago, one of my oldest and best friends from Yardley got engaged. I found myself reminiscing of the days of pawning each other's parents off on the other ("but Meg's mom said we can.."), chatting on aol, and taking trips to the beach. Today I had coffee with a high school friend who is planning a wedding and living a life that I can tell makes him truly happy. My favorite old roommate and I find the time to discuss the important things: what clothes we want to buy, what I should name my child, and if she should have a clear tent at her wedding. My college friends lovingly call baby to be "meatball" which totally cracks me up, and they make a point of asking how I am.  These friendship- and so many more I am grateful for- have somehow laced themselves through my life, even when I live in a different state and find our best way of communication may be catching up for 10 minutes via gchat.

And as I think about the future life of me, I hope I am as pleased with myself  and my life looking back on the years as I am now. So thanks Sarah for the inspirational post that left me typing my thoughts this evening. And thanks fall for being the best time of the year... a time of remembering weddings, friendships, and being thankful (hello thanksgiving) for what we have. Cheers.

2 comments:

  1. That is a very sweet post. I love our talks too, friend! love sks

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so beyond touched by your post. Like warm and fuzzy and feel good Sunday smiles touched. I, too, feel such a bond via some of my favorite blogettes and our kindred connection tops the list. Thank YOU for ruminating with me about life in our respective corners of the internet ;) Life and love and all that good stuff is what fills the Walls house these days and I'm so happy for you and Jamie! To the journey....cheers;) XO

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...