September 9, 2011

Hurricanes, Earthquakes, 9-11 10 year reunion. Our pets HEADS are falling off....

I think I once already used the pets heads falling off thing.

I digress.

First there was an earthquake. I was at work in a meeting with a woman from California. To the doorways, she exclaimed and we went. And stood. And then I had no cell phone service for 7 minutes. End of story. But scary because ummm earth quakes, I don't really like you. You are supposed to be in California, where people know what to do and don't freak out. Or no where, I'd prefer that one.

Then there was a hurricane. That luckily we got very mild effects from. No water in the basement, no windows smashing in (yes I did board some windows). But, the rest of the east coast was not so lucky. And I feel bad for the people who lost their homes to evil water. I really do. Water can be cool sometimes, but it can also be a horrible pain in the ass. AND when we went to New Hampshire, we actually got downgraded from a beautiful house to a condo because the HURRICANE decided to sweep out the earth from under some of the buildings. Not that I'm bitter. But, I also did not like the Hurricane. Those are supposed to be in Florida. Again, a freak experience.

Now this weekend is the 10 year anniversary of 9-11. And, to be honest I don't like the fact that GMA and my other news programs (I sound like a grandma, get over it) keep telling me there is an unidentified threat in NYC and DC. There are a lot of people I care about in those places. Let's hope for the best. But with the 10 year anniversary and the replaying of TV and radio of 9-11, I can't help but remember the day the planes struck the World Trade Centers... and how it affected Yardley being a huge commuter city to NYC... and how the pilot of one of the planes was the dad of kids my friends babysat in the neighborhood next door.

So this weekend I am hoping that as the 10 year anniversary of a somber but powerful day rolls around, that all is calm and good in the world. That there are no hurricanes. Or earthquakes. Or trains or planes being hurt. And, in my very nostalgic mood lately, take a minute and remember the thousands of families who are missing a loved one from that day. And how lucky we all are to be here with happy and healthy families. Watch a 9-11 TV show, listen to the families and survivors. Take a minute to appreciate that the government and country which is often so torn over politics all remembers that day as tragic, and everyone seems to bond together over one common thing.

And after this weekend, let's go back to blue skies and sunshine for all. Just the way I like it.

*OH WAIT, in happier news, one of my very loved friends, Laurie, and her hubs Joe, welcomed their new little boy, Logan Joseph Steffa, this weekend!!  Congrats you two. LOVE LOVE LOVE.

1 comments:

  1. Meghan,
    We have so much to be thankful for. Thanks for reminding us to take some time to appreciate our blessings.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...