December 11, 2011

showered with love.


My mom put together my baby shower this weekend in her home. It was a day full of friends, family, laughter, and tons of baby-ness. Baby Walls is so lucky because she already has so many people who love her. And who brought her some fantastic gifts.

Christmas + baby can be a hard party to decorate for, but as per usual my mom pulled through and did the best job. She mixed christmas with pink in the best fashion, and our baby girl was pre-welcomed by tons of women who I love.






Love all the little stockings under "the stockings were hung" sign. And when my mom went to take it down this morning, my brother said to leave it up there... so now the soon to be grandbabies will be thought of through the season. So cute. Not to mention when it does come down I take all those little socks, boots, and booties home. Warm feet all around.


Present opening was less awkward than bridal-showering because for the most part they were for baby & not technically us! There were so many cute things and I loved them all. A few special things made appearance. And my niece Hazel lent a hand in the unwrapping and displaying of some of the things she highly recommends (she's only 1, she remembers). My dad sent along a gift of traditions: an outfit for the St. Patricks day party, pajamas for Christmas next year, baby hiking boots for Mt. Washington, and a UCONN sweatsuit for March Madness. A perfect gift. Oh and my mom somehow managed to pick out and give me the petunia pickle bottom diaper bag I'd been eyeing but could not find at PB kids to actually add to the registry. Obsessed. J's sister Emily got J the Diaper Dude diaper bag (yep, I'm setting expectations early here) and stuffed it with everything he will need, including a change of clothes. Hilarious and awesome. We are so lucky.

Tiffany Silver Spoon

Hazey approves of the gym.

Blankey makes a comeback.
my very favorite person.

I can't possibly post pictures or even name all of the wonderful things I was given for Baby W. But, suffice it to say... it was overwhelmingly generous and I loved every item. We brought some home with us this trip and some will come home on Christmas. To those of you who were there, THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! Jamie and I know baby will be well taken care of and well clothed during her first year!

Next weekend we are having a mini baby shower in Connecticut so my grandmas who have a hard time traveling this far can be with us. And today we started clearing out the nursery... but that deserves its own post and an extra big THANKS to my parents who trekked down from Yardley to help us at our house after hosting an amazing weekend at their house. Can't wait for more baby & holiday celebrations in the next few weeks!

2 comments:

  1. Awww! I didnt know this was baby shower wknd! It certainly looks like one for the memory books. It is also VERY safe to say, your daughter will see pics of preggo you with her and be reminded by how stylish you are....*GREAT* necklace/outfit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you on both accounts :) :) xo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...